ATACR vs NXS 32X on 25X eye releif?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by WEATHERBY460, May 24, 2014.

1. WEATHERBY460

WEATHERBY460 Well-Known Member

I have a 32X NXS, but usually shoot it on 24 power. On 32X, I struggle to focus my eyes because of the lower eye relief. I am considering a ATACR if they ever sell it with the finer crosshair.

With the bigger tube, will that help with eye relief? I guess I am really asking, if I use both scopes on 25X, which will be easier for my eyes.

Thanks

2. WEATHERBY460

I just found some info eye releif:

NXS 22x 3.9"
    NXS 32X 3.8"
    ATACR 3.56"

I guess my 32X is better for eye strain.

3. bigngreen

bigngreen Well-Known Member

The ATACR can be had with the MOAR-T reticle which has a fine center cross hair, I have yet to shoot one but it should be ideal.

If your set up is correct you should not be straining anything, especially with a Nightforce since the eye box is typically very forgiving, to me it sounds like your needing to adjust the stock or the optics mounting more than anything. I would still roll a ATACR on it just for the better glass and more MOA.

4. WEATHERBY460

Any other opinions on eye relief?

5. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Owned and shot both. ATACR is easy to get in the box on 25 x and is in a league above the 32X NXS in several ways. My ATACR hardly ever leaves 25X.

Jeff

6. WEATHERBY460

MOAR-T is finally available....This is a hard choice.

7. dragman

dragman Well-Known Member

No it isn't. ATACR wins! I have a 32X NXS with the MOAR T that I never even got on the rifle because my ATACR came in before it was mounted. So now it sits as a backup or until someone wants to buy it.

8. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

The LRH Store just got shipment confirmation for an ATACR-T, which means it will have the thinner reticle.

I have been using an ATACR since last fall. I really like the higher 25 power and I agree on the eyebox.

The 25 power is achieved without any loss in field of view compared to the NXS 5.5-22 and that is huge for me.

9. deadidarren

deadidarren Well-Known Member

i'm still saving for a NXS but now i'm not sure it's worth it with all this talk

of lesser quality glass and what not than a ATACR.

so either the ATACR is one hell of an optic or the NXS is sub par ?

HELP

cheers D

10. dragman

dragman Well-Known Member

Take nothing away from the NXS the ATACR is just AWESOME