AR's are flying off the shelf!!

So whats the figures of privately own AR's now, up about what 5million in a week. The fire arms industry thanks you Barry.gun)

The govrnment thanks you too. :D:D

Thats a lot of metal that will be melted down when the BATFE comes to get 'em after they become illegal to posess. Don't ever think the government will give you market value when they confiscate your registered but illegal rifle because they won't. It will be your 'Patriotic Duty' to surrender it.....

No issue here, I never owned one. Don't want to.

I do have about 3000 .223 rounds in various bullets including light armor piercing plus an equal amount of brass and components that I'd sell for the right price.......

Being a life member of th NRA, I'm on their e-mail updates so I watched Wayne's speech in it's entirety. While his ideas have merit, I don't see what he suggests (armed protection in schools like is present in government buildings) as something the government would consider implementing as a stand-alone measure to curb the violence. Maybe in addition to, but not alone.....

The underlying premise is they want firearms out of the hands of citizens, law biding or not and this is a great vehicle to begin that push for removal.... I'm reasonably sure Holder and his henchmen are getting plenty of wood lately.....

At least in one respect, we, as a group are in a better position than most firearm owners because hunting long guns are 'off the radar' as far as the government is concerned for now. I'm sure it won't last.

I feel that all the 'chest beating' and all the postulation by firearm owners will do nothing to sway any government mandate of legislation, in fact, some of the 'postulation' on the part of firearm owners adversely impacts the voting public.

Keep one thing in mind and that is the current administration is a 'lame duck' administration so they are going to push their agenda's because they won't be around another election cycle. Obama, Holder, Geitner, Hillary (if she lasts that long) will be swept out and new appointees will be installed (hopefully better than the current ones....hopefully). Meanwhile, the damage will be inflicted, legislation and laws will be in place and you and I as American Citizens will comply.....

I feel that all the 'chest beating' and all the postulation by firearm owners will do nothing to sway any government mandate of legislation, in fact, some of the 'postulation' on the part of firearm owners adversely impacts the voting public.

Keep one thing in mind and that is the current administration is a 'lame duck' administration so they are going to push their agenda's because they won't be around another election cycle. Obama, Holder, Geitner, Hillary (if she lasts that long) will be swept out and new appointees will be installed (hopefully better than the current ones....hopefully). Meanwhile, the damage will be inflicted, legislation and laws will be in place and you and I as American Citizens will comply.....
So you are saying you will just hand over your weapons? I guess your rights and freedoms go right along with them.lightbulb

Well the way I look at it in the short term is a good way to make a profit. Have a couple of extra NIB Colts that are the ones that everyone wants. One has not even been on Gun Broker for over a month the new 308. May just have to work up the courage and go to a LGS but don't want to fight the mob!!!

Maybe im in a miss understanding but seems some are being sheeple and will just lie down and get walked over giving in, some apparently need to get the F#@$% out of this country and go live were others dont mind geting stomped on!!!
For those of use having no intrest in the black gun type fine, but remember this there never happy with what they get, once they get them there on to the next!! they wont take the shirt off your back, theyll take a sleeve then the next then slowly unravel from the top!!

Maybe im in a miss understanding but seems some are being sheeple and will just lie down and get walked over giving in, some apparently need to get the F#@$% out of this country and go live were others dont mind geting stomped on!!!
For those of use having no intrest in the black gun type fine, but remember this there never happy with what they get, once they get them there on to the next!! they wont take the shirt off your back, theyll take a sleeve then the next then slowly unravel from the top!!

I agree 100%, don't get me wrong I like AR's, I'd like to have one, I just don't have a need for one, so with my budget I still haven't figured out how to justify the expense at the cost of other things. Especially with the manner I use rifles there's not much nich for it to fit into.

So you are saying you will just hand over your weapons? I guess your rights and freedoms go right along with them.lightbulb

In as much as most are registered, the alternative isn't all that palitable for most people. Look back at New Orleans and what occured there during Katrina. The goundwork as it pertains to search, seizure and probable cause is already in place and enforceable. The choice will lie entirely with you, as an individual. No guessing involved on my part. Actually, no issue here. There are no AR's registered to me. I'm pretty accessable to the goverment as an FFL license holder and concealed carry permit holder anyway.

Again, I certainly am totally against and censure but I am certainly not going to go afoul of any law or legislation. I can't afford to and frankly, neither can you (at last I don't belive you can). I don't belive anyone thats sane wants a forced dirt nap......

I guss we shall see how it all plays out. Hopefully rational minds will prevail.

So maybe the second amendment dont hold water in that its in place for us citizens to fend of a attacking goverment becouse as in individuals we'll just give in. Then whats the sense of it?

Yep the Jews in Nazi Germany obeyed the law. They even helped each other put their bags on the train. Obeying the law ALWAYS works out.

Augustus pretty much nailed it. That life lesson was a painful one, but a lesson none the less. An armed individual is a citizen, an unarmed individual is a subject. I see no other alternatives. I remember not too long ago when several states took very firm stances on this subject & I believe that time may yet come again. One went far enough as to declare that any unconstitutional acts by entities federal or local within the boundaries of this state will result in arrest & imprisonment. Montana enacted legislation to manufacture arms within & solely for use within the State, effectively side stepping Federal regulation of any kind.

Make no mistake about it, we are in for a fight. Remember, it does not take a majority to prevail, but an irate tireless minority...

t

I agree 100%, don't get me wrong I like AR's, I'd like to have one, I just don't have a need for one, so with my budget I still haven't figured out how to justify the expense at the cost of other things. Especially with the manner I use rifles there's not much nich for it to fit into.

' I just don't have a need for one,' If it keeps going they way its headed we'll all have a need for one ???

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.