Arrow trajectory

Red Sparky

Anybody know of a program that tells you roughly the trajectory of your arrow? What I want to do is roughly set my pins on an indoor twenty yard range and then fine tune at my outdoor range without missing my backstop. So if I know my arrow speed and weight have it tell me about how high it would be at 20 yards for each of my pins out to 60 yards.

This is a new bow I got in August and have only set my 20 yard pin. I have tried the other pins just for left to right and left to right is good enough to not worry about missing left or right. Any help is greatly appreciated.

There are to many variables involved, arrow weight; vane type, size design and number of vanes, distance of your sight from your riser, poundage, draw length, what the bow shoots ibo etc.... It's not that hard to figure out what the guestimation will be once you sight in your 20 and 30. Best thing is to shoot lots of arrows.

I agree with Diggs. If you start at 20 yards and progress to each target in 10 yard increments you should not miss your target if you set the next pin about an 1/8" lower. It should get you on target, then allow for fine tuning at that range increment. Once done, do the same for the next 10 yard increase.

Ontarget is what I use. It will be pretty close. On my sigh tapes it is spot on with my sliders and target sights.

Thanks. I know all the information on draw length, weight of arrow, arrow speed, etc.. What I can figure out is each pin is shooting about 1 1/2-2" higher than the previous pin at twenty yards. I will do the 10 yard increments but was hoping to get close so when the weather warms up it will not take that long to get on target. I guess I can make a bigger backstop until I know where it is hitting. The worst that can happen is missing and ruining a carbon arrow on the cinder block wall.

I will try the Ontarget and see how close I get. Shooting lost of arrows is not a problem as I shoot four times a week about 50 arrows a time. I am treating it like when I threw darts, practice until you start hurting and then stop or you build bad habits.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.