ArmaLite AR-50 ?'s

TacticalHits

Hey guys, I'm considering buying a Armalite AR-50, and was wondering if you have heard anything good or bad about it. I was also looking at the Serbu BFG-50, but like the look of the AR-50 better! Thanks Nathan,gun)

I have an AR-50 action. It's OK and takes a standard rem trigger. It's very strong but not real smooth on opening and closing. It does have a nice tapered base with it. I thought it was a little long so I milled about an inch off the back. I also added a couple more screws to the bottom. If your buying a complete rifle with thier setup it would probably be fine the way it is. I used a heavier lilja barrel and a thumbhole stock on mine. If I were building another custom I would start with a nicer action. I am not sure what they are going for now but if it's much over 3K then I would go custom on another action.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts