armalite ar-30 in .338 lapua

I personaly don't know, but was reading a tactical magazine and they were camparing it to other 338's built fairly the same which were more costly. They were saying compared to them they would buy the ar-30 first, just as acurate and built as well if not better in some ways, but the other rifles cost alot more (1000's more). So they might have been saying the prices of the others were just to much. It was a milatary tactical magazine Decembers I think and title was tactal weapons for milatary and law enforcment

I have an AR30. Ordered it about 2-1/2 years ago and received it about 8 months ago. Was lucky to get them at the introductory rate, Armalite only honored each dealers first request at the initially agreed upon price ($900 out of the door for the Lapua for me). I have put 150 rounds through mine. Have a Leupold Tactical 8.5-25 M1 scope and the Armalite sloped base (15 MOA) I believe. Anyhow, it shoots great now that I had the trigger worked on by a local smith. Was just under 10 lbs. out of the box and now is 2-1/4 lbs. with no creep. Accurracy is very good, but not necessarily BR quality. Average groups at 500 yards are 5.128" for 20 groups, all 5 shot groups. That is counting EVERY shot. Had a 3.123" group at best and a 9.218" group at worst (best 4 were under 4 inches). Had a 3 shot group at 100 yards go into .463 inches. Overall, I love the rifle and the looks it gets are amazing. Recoil is a non issue, but the muzzle blast will not make you any new friends on the benches beside you. By the way I shoot 300 MatchKings, Federal 215M Match primers, and various powder (H1000, H870, N560, and N170). Hope this helps.

[ 03-08-2004: Message edited by: drunkkajun ]

I have had my AR 30 for about 5 years in 338 Lapua.
Very pleased I replaced the rear stock with a Adapter so I could use a AR-15 buffer tube so I could use a collapsible Vitor A5 stock.

My Favorite load is Berger 300gr Elite Hunting with 91.8 of H1000 in Lapua Cases and Fed 215M primers.

Sure is a shooter especially past 500 yards seems this big bullet needs room to stabilize.

I have had one for many years mine I like it a lot shoots about 5/8 to 3/4 moa at hundred can most of the time Keep that accuracy out to a 1000 or 7-8 inch's at 1000 but for target shooting I think it could use a heavier barrel

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.