Arizona 12AW Early Rifle Lyme Disease Disabled/Hunt Advice

ROOSEVELK

Hello all....

I never thought I'd open up about my health problems....but this hunt is very important to me so here goes...

I have Chronic Lyme Disease that I can't get rid of (YET). I got it in late spring 2007/early summer. Probably from turkey hunting although I don't remember a specific bite so it could've happened during deer season or stream fishing. I've had every symptom there is, if you were to Google "Lyme Symptoms". I've been able to tough it out for the most part, but over the last few years my joint pain and muscle pain have left me in quite a state.

Lots of walking is out of the question. I still think of myself as one tough MF:) just at this time I have limited mobility, no matter what I tell myself....if I force myself to walk a couple of flatland miles, I won't be able to move for a couple of days.

Given this, if you were in my position, how would you hunt the early rifle season in Arizona unit 12AW? Usually I'd start out high and work my way down if needed. I'm still going to try something similar even knowing this will likely screw me up for at least a couple of days. I'm hunting with my 76 year old dad, who, at this point can walk me into the dirt.(toughest man alive) but he's limited as well at 76. How would you hunt this unit? If you were able to give an area to start a pm would be greatly appreciated. I totally understand if I dont get many responses. Typing this up and asking is something I thought I'd never do, as I usually like to figure an area out for myself.

Thanks in advance. And wear Deet and permethryn this season...don't be dumb like me and think you're invincible until it's too late!!!

Happy hunting!!!

If you can still get one you may be to get a room in Jacob's lake so you can hunt from a hotel room if you need.

If not there is alot of dispersed camping throughout the forest. It is remote in 12AW so be prepared. Jacobs lake is an outpost with a restaurant and motel, gas, and that is about it. If you need a meat processor there is a good one in Fredonia. Fredonia is the nearest town with any real services.

If you can still get one you may be to get a room in Jacob's lake so you can hunt from a hotel room if you need.

If not there is alot of dispersed camping throughout the forest. It is remote in 12AW so be prepared. Jacobs lake is an outpost with a restaurant and motel, gas, and that is about it. If you need a meat processor there is a good one in Fredonia. Fredonia is the nearest town with any real services.
Somehow I didn't see your post....great info. I'm bringing my toyhauler so I think I have that part covered. Not totally sure where we'll park it or where the best place would be yet. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks for the info!! Good luck this season 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Somehow I didn't see your post....great info. I'm bringing my toyhauler so I think I have that part covered. Not totally sure where we'll park it or where the best place would be yet. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks for the info!! Good luck this season 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

South of Jacob's somewhere. If you stay close to Jacob's you might get cell reception. Otherwise don't expect to catch much coverage.

Don't be afraid to camp on the east side if the highway in 12AE. East has way less hunters and decent spots.

South of Jacob's somewhere. If you stay close to Jacob's you might get cell reception. Otherwise don't expect to catch much coverage.

Don't be afraid to camp on the east side if the highway in 12AE. East has way less hunters and decent spots.

We camped off 205 road. 200 road has good camping too.

If you want to stay on the west side 429 or 212 have some are good areas.

Yes, the 205 road has some good spots.
Don't hesitate to look over burn areas on the road that takes you S into the GC.

Yes, the 205 road has some good spots.
Don't hesitate to look over burn areas on the road that takes you S into the GC.
Ok thank you 👍🏻👍🏻. I've spent more time on on-x maps and Google Earth Im gonna go insane:). I need to just get there and scout. Thanks again 💪🏻💪🏻

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts