Votes: 948 48.2%
  • No

Votes: 368 18.7%
  • No, but I may join

Votes: 20 1.0%
  • No way, are you kidding?

Votes: 669 34.0%

• Total voters
Yes and have hooked up with some very old army buddies from Viet Nam as well as high school, works good for me. Made a mistake tho and went for the game Texas Holdum . Wosre than drugs, you have to force your self to quit.

Re: Alaskan Guide EXT scope crissis!!Help Please?

YEA My name Is Harley and I haven't been on for a while but im going to be soon. But what can you tell me about the wacky MOA changing on a cabela's Alaskan Guide 6-18X50EXT For example I zero in a 100 yards at 18X then I want to take a 75 yard shot at 9X, The guide says I need to change MOA clicks to 2MOA to stay on target because that's half of 18X and then it get much more technical! The lower you adjust your range the more MOA clicks I have to change to be zeroed in!!!!???? *** can some body fill me in PLEASE!!!!!!!????? :( that's not wright is it??lightbulb

Re: Alaskan Guide EXT scope crissis!!Help Please?

YEA My name Is Harley and I haven't been on for a while but im going to be soon. But what can you tell me about the wacky MOA changing on a cabela's Alaskan Guide 6-18X50EXT For example I zero in a 100 yards at 18X then I want to take a 75 yard shot at 9X, The guide says I need to change MOA clicks to 2MOA to stay on target because that's half of 18X and then it get much more technical! The lower you adjust your range the more MOA clicks I have to change to be zeroed in!!!!???? *** can some body fill me in PLEASE!!!!!!!????? :( that's not wright is it??lightbulb

Ok, first of all, this post is in the wrong forum to get a dedicated answer... I would recommend posting this in the optics forum. But to somewhat answer your question... MOA is a static number, MOA does not change as it is a degree of angle measurement. Just think of it this way, the degree of the angle measurement at the base of a triangle is the same as the measurement at the actual opposite point from that side. But the amount of MOA adjustment required to compensate will increase with shorter distances (even though the actual compensation is less...). Also, your scope is a second focal plane, so your reticle size will change with power ring changes..., but this will/should not affect "dialed-in" changes if you're using the main crosshair and not BDC hash marks.

Good luck.

Face??book,I was on facebook for a very short time,last year didn't like it,kinda like internet you can kill a lot of time doing nothing,that means nothing getting done,I know people that live on facebk and can't find the time to get out and enjoy life,talk about mind your own !!!!

I don't have the patience for FB, but, I do miss out on some good giveaways. I guess that is the price for being a curmudgeon!

Bearrug: your post sounds just like mine,had it once less than 4 hrs then I got rid of it,got it back last week for 2 hrs and remembered why I got rid of it the last time. It's like that nasty cold I get a couple times a year,and I keep forgetting how I got rid of it
Friends come out and ask me haven't you done that yet,in the winter the cold plays a big factor in what I get done,40 below days I do very little and -20 days I'm out getting things done.So having Facebook I would waste more time doing nothing for nothing in return,lifes to short to waste it online,pickup the phone and talk to someone,it saves time and spelling something I didn't like in school:D

Bearrug: your post sounds just like mine,had it once less than 4 hrs then I got rid of it,got it back last week for 2 hrs and remembered why I got rid of it the last time. It's like that nasty cold I get a couple times a year,and I keep forgetting how I got rid of it
Friends come out and ask me haven't you done that yet,in the winter the cold plays a big factor in what I get done,40 below days I do very little and -20 days I'm out getting things done.So having Facebook I would waste more time doing nothing for nothing in return,lifes to short to waste it online,pickup the phone and talk to someone,it saves time and spelling something I didn't like in school:D
Lol sounds like you had it 4hrs longer than me.

8A06A6EA-6BF8-4FEB-A2B1-BBEBB855B3C2-2214-000006BA620FF5B5.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.