Are U a Nikon or Canon user???

B23

Only asking out of curiosity but what do most of you use, Nikon or Canon????

Also, anyone besides Len have a D7000 coming or better yet already have one? If so, what do you think of it?

I played/fondled with a new D7k at Best Buy couple weeks ago. Felt alot like our D90 but you could tell it was a step up, that's for sure.

Anyways, Im just curious what most of you all shoot with.

B23:
For years I use nothing but Nikon for shooting and also used them for under water photo's shoots. Then on one of our dive trips several people were using the Canon for under water shots and that developed my interest. When getting back home I checked out the Canon line and found by far quality was much better than Nikon both in camera and lens.
So I made the change to Canon with a 20d for several years, now I have up graded to 5D canon. I believe that Canon by far has the best quality of lens, mine are all red ring F 2.8 lens 24-70, 70-200 and 300 for wildlife shots.
I would suggest you talk to people in camera shops and take a good look at Canon ,also make use you buy the best lens you can buy, don't buy after market lens. Nikon for Nikon and Canon for Canon.
Never looked back after upgrading to Canon.
my 2 cents
Charliegun)

Its nothing but Canon for me.....

Trout02-1.jpg

I just went through a experience with my Canon products.
Three weeks ago my friends and I were in Yosemite valley doing a photo shoot and we were watching for the weather to change to get the photos of horsetail fall on glacier peak, there is only two or three days in February when the sun is in the correct position to get the effect of Horsetail fall looking like fire falls.
Well doing the process when I was moving my tri-pod around some how the quick release -released and I dropped my 5dMark11 and 70-200 2.8 lens on the pavement. Needless to say things didn't look good, housing on lens bent.
Called Canon and got approval for repair return and overnighted lens, had quote for repair next day and had repaired lens back to me within four working days. Cost of $177.00 for the replacement of housing.
One thing for sure you can't have better service than that from any service center, so again that is why I like my Canon products. Also I have replaced the tri-pod ball head mount with a BENRO B series w/acer-swiss plates.

Charlegun)

PS: Sun never showed up for photo shoot on the falls, O well s-happens.

I have been a Canon user for many years now. I purchased the 1D MKII when it first hit the market several years ago. I also have several of their professional lenses. Over the years I have never had one of their products fail me. Shooting weddings, sports and nature photograpy and in just about all weather conditions. The 1D MKII has done everything I have asked it to do.

I am sure Nikon can do everything the Canon equipment can do. Nikon has a long history of having excellent equipment. So you can't go wrong with either camera. I just picked Canon and never had a need to look at anything else.

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts