Are Tipton Carbon cleaning rods good?

TrpD345

I'm looking for a good one piece cleaning rod. Is Tipton carbon rods good? What kinds do you suggest? Thanks!

I've got two and love them. I'm by no means an expert, but I think they are a decent rod. I know there are better but there is nothing wrong w/these.

...have used the Dewey & Boretech rods; like the features of the more expensive boretech (excellent handle bearings & handle is indexed to help measure twist rate; also can get better selection of rod diameters, allowing you to more closely match the caliber)... however, the last Boretech I bought had very bad coating & the manufacturer is giving me the runaround about it; Sinclair quit handling boretech rods now, so from now on when I order a cleaning rod, it'll be a Dewey... exception: for the 17 caliber I would purchase the Tipton carbon fiber, the coated rods are just too thin to be rigid enough... thanks so much, Larry

[ QUOTE ]
Bore Tech. As smooth as Deweys without the need for adaptors.

[/ QUOTE ]

What tip do you use on the BT that works as well as the dewey? Any tip but the dewey, and i have to fight the patch off the tip on re-entry of the muzzle...

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.