Are Simmons upper end scopes crap?

I have had some luck with them on low recoiling rifles. I have one on a 22-250 and it holds a zero. I would not consider putting one on anything with much of a thump. Optical clarity is lacking however. Additionally, I have done "box drills" with it and it moves as expected.
~z

I bought the aetec and put one on my 30-06, it's good to about two hundred yards. After that though I get a lot of distortion. So I only use it for river hunting.

I've got 3 of em,one on my 30-06 and one on my 10/22 and one on my .50 Cal Encore M/L.My brother has 2 of them,one on a 300RUM and one on a 375RUM,yup,a 375.And they're all doing great.
445646.JPG

Ironworker ,

How good a scope do you want on your ar ? I have always been a of the mindset that says buy the best you can afford . You will not be dissapointed so easily that way .H
What do they cost ? I would recommend the nikon buckmaster line as I have purchase 3 of them for different family members as gifts . They have a parallax adjustment ( a necessity imo ) and track perzact !

I reckon it boils down to how serious you are about what youre trying to do .

Jim B

I just have to ask!!!!!!!!! How big is you biggest river??? hehe, capt david /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.