AR Forum Seized!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by craigp40, Apr 1, 2005.

1. craigp40

craigp40 Well-Known Member

I quit visiting the AR forum a while back because they always flame LR shooters and call us immoral. It's changed quite a bit since I first started there, and I finally got fed up when I was the focus of their comments. However, I just tried to go in to show a friend some of their cool video clips on rifle recoil and look what came up:

AR Web Site

Sounds like the Dept of Homeland Security is all over them. I'm curious as to why. Don't want to fall into a trap here. Too many good things going on with this site.

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

What day is today?

3. craigp40

craigp40 Well-Known Member

All makes sense now. Boy do I feel stupid. Maybe wishful thinking though.

4. Paul Wyatt

Paul Wyatt Well-Known Member

Craig;
    Don't feel bad I bit just as hard as you did - just reel me in!!

5. Frank in the Laurel Mts

Frank in the Laurel Mts Well-Known Member

Whats the deal with that...it always has alot of information on it...must be prety serious, I'm almost afraid to go and visit..HA !

6. 3sixbits

3sixbits Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I quit visiting the AR forum a while back because they always flame LR shooters and call us immoral. It's changed quite a bit since I first started there, and I finally got fed up when I was the focus of their comments. However, I just tried to go in to show a friend some of their cool video clips on rifle recoil and look what came up:

AR Web Site

Sounds like the Dept of Homeland Security is all over them. I'm curious as to why. Don't want to fall into a trap here. Too many good things going on with this site.

[/ QUOTE ] What a shame, What will happen to all the hate the U.S.A. crap the rag heads had to spread now?

7. Aussie

Aussie Well-Known Member

All ,
    For those who still haven't got it . It was an April Fool's joke and yes I got sucked in too . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

8. 3sixbits

3sixbits Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]

AR Web Site

[/ QUOTE ] BUMMER MAN! Shame it wasn't true. I was beginning to think their might be Justus in the world after all. Awww rats, had it only been true!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. daveosok

daveosok Guest

April fools or not, its a very scary future situation.
    With the recent killings and screaming by the anit-gun crowd it is not intirely possible for this to happen to any site.
    Under the guise of the homeland security and labeling anything terroristic in nature could at one point in time become a double edged sword.
    I will agree that monitoring of certain sites should be done and sniper paradise and snipers hide should be on this list. The questions asked by strictly civilian shooters need not be answered by professional members, I.E. such as "what can you expect from Hornady tap ammo when shooting through glass?". This is a need to know question and if your a LE or any other person who has this knowledge you should know that this info, in the hands of persons of unsure actions, should not be addressed on a public forum where everyone can read it.
    This does infringe upon our rights though and is a fine line as to when the government should get involved. I am glad that this was an April fools joke, but big brother is watching, youd be a fool not to believe that in this day and time.