AR-10 or M&P.300 WHISPER ???????

I forgot about the CM901 but its not built with precision in mind, that's not saying it will not do it. One thing that's standard on colt rifles is scratches from the factory. They are one of the best companies out there but they seam to have a lot of handling marks when it get to you the user.

What about the LWRC REEPER with the 20" barrel better than the LMT I do believe but that is just my .02 but the 6.5 Creedmore suggestion is another good choice!

Hummm, since you said "accurate to 800 to 1000 yards", I have to throw in the 6.5 Grendel in the AR15 platform, which is where the 300Whisper and 300AAC Blackout are. Neither of those two are accurate past about 100 yards. However, in an AR10 I'd pick the 260 over the 308. Just my two cents.

I just have to ask, where did you hear that the 300 whisper/blackout were not accurate past 100m at?

Hummm, my bad. I can't honestly prove their accuracy. I know with the slow speeds, to shoot 800 to 1000 yards you'd need quite the holdover! Remember, the guy was talking about that range; I threw out 100 in error. I also think most 300 AACs are set up as close range rifles; ie. with very short barrels, very low magnification scopes,if any, sub-sonic. I wouldn't personally try it at 800 to 1000 yards. Why? I think some of you are missing the posters point: he wants to shoot accurately out to 800 to 1000 yards. I will own up to my error about accuracy at 100 yards; but my point was I don't believe it's accurate at 800 to 1000 yards. Qualify accurate? Minute of angle? More? Less? Help the guy out, he wants an 800 to 1000 yard accurate AR rifle and cartridge. Again, I will stand up and say I don't believe the whisper is it.

I'd look at a 6.5 creedmoore in the AR10 platform. It would offer more flexibility with bullet choices than the 260 with the limited mag length.

The "Chief" has a good point; the 6.5 Creedmore is a fine LR cartridge and in the AR10 platform is righteous! Also, I just got a hold of the 120 gr. Hornady GMX. That's one looong bullet! Should have a high BC and great at long range; if you can make it shoot accurately. I haven't tried it yet. I got it for a Grendel, but I think it's way too long for it. Should work in a 260 or Creedmore though.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.