Apprenticeships?

An update for all of you on my search!

I just got off the phone with Speedy Gonzalez (I love saying that by the way). I spoke to him about the gunsmithing program at Trinidad and basically the program is setup so that you can get as much out of it as you wish. If you WORK at your projects while you are there you will have plenty of time for extra stuff and personal project (which he said he had all the prints for almost anything you wish to build). Some students have built as many as 35 rifles in thier time at the school. Also he said that some students who work hard and really want to do precision rifle work, he will take on as an assistant in his personal shop and teach them there as well. Sounds like the best of both worlds to me. What do you guys think?

John

Yeah, that was my thought as well. After talking to him he also asked me to help them setup an archery range there and possibly teach some archery classes!

Planning it for sure!:D He was extremely helpful and really wants to educate people! He seemed very generous with his time and knowledge for people that really wanted to learn. Doesn't seem to have much patience for people who are just there to be there! MY KIND OF GUY!

He was extremely helpful and really wants to educate people! He seemed very generous with his time and knowledge for people that really wanted to learn. Doesn't seem to have much patience for people who are just there to be there! MY KIND OF GUY!

IMHO those are the best teachers and mentors. Best of luck and keep us posted down the road as to how it's going for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.