Aoudad-Barbary Sheep & New Mexico ?

Get a load for some 140s and your 264 will work fine. As others stated they are tuff and I prefer a little more gun for them. I shot a 26 in ram with 117 gr from a 25-06. Perfect shot about 200yards. Ram ran off like he wasnt scratched. ended up having to shoot him again. First shot would have killed him but he might ran over another ridge before it did. I take my 338 for them now

Get a load for some 140s and your 264 will work fine. As others stated they are tuff and I prefer a little more gun for them. I shot a 26 in ram with 117 gr from a 25-06. Perfect shot about 200yards. Ram ran off like he wasnt scratched. ended up having to shoot him again. First shot would have killed him but he might ran over another ridge before it did. I take my 338 for them now

Had a buddy that shot one in that where the neck meets the shoulder area in hope of dropping it in it tracks 200 yards out. Well he missed bone but it bled a ton, we trailed him for about 250-300 yards before he broke from behind a cedar bush. I came up with my 458 socom and put one in his ribs then another as he was going straight away into his hip as my buddy was coming up from behind me. That shot anchored him and my buddy finally rolled him seconds later with a shot in the neck from his 30-06. The bullet I put in the hip I later found inbetween the lungs and diaphragm. We were maybe 20 yards away my first shot didn't even phase him aside from making him turn a bit.

Use as much gun as you can comfortably shoot. They are incredibly tough critters and alot bigger than one would think. And as others have stated use great optics. They blend in very well. Good luck!

Heard and seen 30" inch sheep that fell to a 243win and store bought Winchester super x ammo...as for the unit you picked a very tricky unit to hunt especially with the "land swap" deal our great state has chosen to participate in.. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.