anyone using shooter app

luke

I just bought shooter app for my phone and can't figure out what I did wrong. I have a proven chart for a few of my riflrs but this app is way off. For example I know my 308 needs 21 moa at 850 yards. The new app says I only need 11moa. Same rifle at 1100 yards needs 43moa and shooter says dial 19moa. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I did get the drop chart close but I had to take my velocity from 2950 down to 2200.

check all your load data.

Zero
Muzzle velocity
scope height
BC make sure you are using the correct one, G1 or G7

Also leave the powder temp and temp variation fields zeroed out for now.

Jeff

It probably would not give you that much variation, but with the iSnipe app will automatically fill in environmental conditions based on your location. If they are way different than what you made your proven charts at, that may have something to do with it. Again, probably not, but another option to look into.

I have also been guilty of accidentally outputting a chart after messing around with the angle feature, and forgetting to re-zero it. Whoops.

My load data for my 308 is 2950 fps with a 155amax. I dropped the bc down some dont remember how much (I think like.43) on my old phone I have the strelok app. It has been good and it is were myproven charts are from. I inputed everything to match on both phones but I am getting different answers. The reason I changed apps is for the auto update on weather and elevation. It is also a pain to carry 2 phones around.

The only way two apps can be that far off is if you input wrong data. I have used many apps. I now use Applied Ballistics and Shooter. They work very well. Go over your inputted data.

Jeff

After playing around on shooter, although i dont have all the exact same specs as you, i think for the BC you put G7 .43, not G1 .43. When i changed those around i got drops similar to what you got, not exact, but similar.

Riley

Thank you all for prompt replys. After reading all them I figured I must have done something wrong so I went over all my input again. I found that there is a function under site in that was set at .5 for elevation deviation or something like that. I dont think I set it but I put it to 0. Checked them against each other and came up with 21moa on one and 21.2 on the other. I have been messing with it for a few days and started gettin mad. Now I feel a bit stupid. Thanks again for helping me out. :rolleyes:

I use BulletDrop+ for the iPhone, and it works phenomenal. Easy to use, simple and accurate functions. You can choose ballistic measurements in Inches, Mils, or MOA. It calculates out to 2,000 yards. It's nice. It was an excellent buy for $1.99.

Hey there,
After thinking about it, it sounds to me that you have not set up the amount of travel per click in the setup for your scope. The number of moa is almost half, making me think that the program is set up on 1/4 moa per click instead of the 1/2 moa per click that your other program was setup as..... try that and get back to us on here and we can go from there.

It was the elevation correction factor. I built new profiles for a mythical gun I dont have then started checking everything on each app till they lined up. Then I checked my 308 data it it came real close also. The elevation correction was at .5 for some reason. Not sure why but it was and screwed up the numbers for me. Thanks to all again that helped me out with it. Used it yesterday out to 1100 and it worked well.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.