Anyone using Nosler Custom Comp 52 gr hollow point in a 22-250?

justinp61

I just bought some Nosler Custom Comp 52 gr hollow points to load in my Savage FVSS 1-12 twist 22-250. I have Varget but would like to try some other powders. Any suggestions? It must not be tempature sensitive.

Thanks

I just loaded up my first box of 52g Nosler custom comps for my 220 swift. Have you had any luck with your 22-250? I have the 1k box and it has some type of media in it did yours?

I have a bunch of different charge weights with three powders loaded but haven't shot any yet. I finally got my stock to suite me and have been working on my .22 rimfire.

Mine didn't have any media in the boxes with thm, I wish they would've because mine has a green coating on them. It comes right off with mineral spirits though.

FWIW Ive been shooting the **** out of the 53 gn vmax they shoot great and have a killer bc for the weight (.290). Varget is the powder Im sticking with as I'm getting single digit MAD all while remaining temp stable. Sorry but I havent tried the noslers you speak of.

Last edited:
I just made up 5 sets of 5 using the 52 grain Noslers I plan to shoot Saturday. Nosler calls out for AA2520 as the most accurate in their rifle so I'm starting there. As for the media in the box its a mixed blessing with them being hollow points I have found some bullets with media in the point. Not cool!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.