Anyone used a golf rangefinder?

Wheatgerm

Im new to the forum so I don't know if I posted this in the right section. Sorry if I did...

I've been looking for a range finder that will read out to atleast 800 yards for a while but don't want to spend much. In my local classifieds there is a Bushnell 1600 pinseeker for pretty cheap. I was just wondering if anyone has uses similar finders for their hunting?
To me it would seem as if it should work fine, they are designed to pick up a tiny flag pole at sometimes 500+.
to me yardage is yardage but I don't know if they are set up differently for a golf ball vs a bullet? Any input would be great thanks!

They're essentially the same rangefinder with different markings. If you buy it, verify how to switch the internal settings from ranging the closest single object it sees (i.e. a flag) to ranging the furthest object it sees. You will want to know how to go both directions anyway.

I bought a Nikon Callaway rangefinder 1 1/2 years ago and it works great.

I was able to change my setting on my range finder and I'm able to use it for golf and hunting. I'm glad because I didn't want to have to fork out $150 for two range finders that have the capability to work for both. I found this site Best Golf GPS Range Finders 2013 and I bought the Bushnell tour V3 model and it's worked great.

Best Golf Rangefinders aid golfers in estimating distances and can improve your game. Laser rangefinders, on the other hand, do not require the course to be mapped. They can take longer to get a distance measurement than a GPS-based rangefinder and are only as accurate as the golfer using the device. Me and my friend also use Golf Rangefinders for best results.

I bought it Bushnell golf range finder. I compared it to a sign 2000 and a vortex binocular rangefinder. It worked okay not like the other two. I had to hold the button and continue to aim it for a couple of seconds to get a reading. But it works.

Best Golf Rangefinders aid golfers in estimating distances and can improve your game. Laser rangefinders, on the other hand, do not require the course to be mapped. They can take longer to get a distance measurement than a GPS-based rangefinder and are only as accurate as the golfer using the device. Me and my friend also use Golf Rangefinders for best results.
I see this is your first post, welcome aboard. Not picking on the new guy, however I would ask for some clarification on this post.
Am I reading this wrong?
Are you saying that a GPS unit is faster than a laser or maybe more precise?
If so it's not my experience, a GPS unit gives you an estimate to within the tolerance it is measuring. It has to acquire a signal from several satellites to triangulate your position. They will not be exact. In other words a range estimation tool. A laser range finder is a range determination tool that is nearly exact, within a very small deviation. Plus it is near instantaneous. The only thing that really takes any time is the onboard electronics to calculate the lasers time of flight to and from the target.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts