anyone used 210 smk on a 300 rum ??

älg

Interested to know if anyone has tried this bullet off a 300 rum for hunting???

Also looking for loads with 4831, I know it´s not the most adequate though.
Thanks.

Killed plenty of whitetails with the 220 pill. One shot kills out to 500+ yds with them thus far, but havent had the opportunity to go farther yet.

Hi the 210 should be awsome but i would go to a slower powder like H1000 or Retumbo. Retumbo was designed here in Australia and the 300 Ultra was used for all testing and it was made to propell the projectiles faster with less pressure. In some cases the velocity is faster than with the identicle weight of H1000. H4831 is a bit fast it would be suited to 150gr projectiles in the 300 ultra and will give excessive pressure very fast with heavy projectiles without giving the desired velocity. You will also find going to a slower powder you will have less felt recoil in the form of a snap and make it a longer push as the pressure curves are much softer to the feel

Cheers Bill
Australia

Thaks Bill. problem is that´s kinda what I have, cant get retumbo or others at the moment.. would use n170 if I could.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

What other powders are available to you? If you can get a slower powder even the 50 cal VV powders will work well. Reloader 25/ IMR7828, Accurate Arms *700, Vectan Tu8000and VVN170 or VV20N29 would all be better than H4831

Use the slowest powder you can get hold off.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Bill, I just have some tubal 8000. I referred to the 4831 as a comparison wrongly assuming you would not know the vectan.. I´m glad i was wrong. I´ll go with that one, so do you have any loads for the t8000 with 210 bullets???

If I could choose I would go with the N170.

Hi the Vectan T8000 is in burning rate closer to Reloader22 or IMR7828. It would be ok but still a bit fast but you have to use what you can get hold of. I have a friend that may have some data so i will find out some more and get back to you with the data.

Cheers Bill
Australia

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts