Anyone use the 105 Amax out of a 243?

Bob L.

Just wanted to see any experience with the 105 Amax with a 243. How did it shoot for you and have you taken any coyotes etc. with it?
Thanks,
Bob

I have taken a couple of coyotes, a few deer and multiple antelope with that combination. Closest shot was 90 yards on an antelope. Hit right behind the shoulder it hit the dirt stood up and then fell over again. 50 cent size exit on that one. Farthest was 660 yards on antelope. DRT silver dollar sized exit. only time i have not got an exit was on a large doe mule deer this year at 440. The bullet his shoulder blade ribs and more ribs and destroyed everything in between. I have been very happy with the 105 amax but i dont think It would be a good choice on anything bigger than mule deer. Not the best for coyotes if you are saving pelts either.

I have been shooting them out if my rem 700 for a few years. They Kill coyotes really well, but they make a mess if you hit bone!!. If you dont hit bone you still have a 1 1/2 inch hole to fix. But as Land308 stated they are great for deer and speed goats.

Yes, in my kids gun. 2450fps coming outof 16" barrel. Does a number on prarie dogs and antelope. Since it's the kids gun not to many long shots out of it.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts