Anyone use Alliant Power Pro 2000-MR?

Liltank, the last two groups you fired showed no increase in velocity. Reckon the pressure is rising?
Yep, if I remember correctly, I was getting pressure signs. 49.0gr I believe I found to be my max in that rifle. It's been awhile since I did that group. I have since sold that rifle.

Funny y'all should mention primers. I did all of my initial testing with varget
using 210m's. I later found some br2s and figured I'd try them. They
cut my group sizes substantially. Up to half with some loads. Even
the regular cci 200 grouped better overall. My 308 seems to prefer cci's with varget.
My 270 shooting reduced loads with H4895 prefers the 210m.

On another note, I've been thinking that some of my "temp sensitivity" with
Power pro might be do to the fact that I'm using relatively light
bullets with it. The powder was developed with 175 + bullets in mind. Maybe my
150s aren't letting it do it's job efficiently in higher temps. The 165s I've shot with it
do seem more consistent, even in the higher temps.

I've gotten much better results with the CCI BR primers in my 308 with 2000MR than 210M primers and also in my 6.5 X 47 with Varget with the BR4's. I was always curious about Wolf primers as I've heard good things but the CCI's shot so well and I had a ton of them I just never tried the Wolf primers. As for Power Pro 2000MR, its been working great in my match 308 rifle but all I've ever shot out of it was Berger 185's so I couldn't say what it would do with lighter bullets.

I really like the info I'm reading on the .308, for I just built 1. I am now going to put together a .223 for 600 yard. Is anyone shooting a .223 with 2000MR?

I really like the info I'm reading on the .308, for I just built 1. I am now going to put together a .223 for 600 yard. Is anyone shooting a .223 with 2000MR?

Most of the guys I shoot with use Varget and the 80gr VLD's in 223 for FTR class. My next custom build will be a .223 with a 7 twist 30 inch barrel throated for the 90gr VLD's strictly for FTR matches and I plan on using Power Pro 2000MR. If it shoots like I think it will my 308 FTR rifle will be on the back burner in favor of the light recoiling rifle. If I can get the velocity i'm hoping to get and still maintain accuracy it will match the ballistics of the 185's in my 308.

I've gotten much better results with the CCI BR primers in my 308 with 2000MR than 210M primers and also in my 6.5 X 47 with Varget with the BR4's. I was always curious about Wolf primers as I've heard good things but the CCI's shot so well and I had a ton of them I just never tried the Wolf primers. As for Power Pro 2000MR, its been working great in my match 308 rifle but all I've ever shot out of it was Berger 185's so I couldn't say what it would do with lighter bullets.

Trying out a ladder test with the 185 Jugs with MR2000, what would the minimum and max charges be if I may ask, its hard to find data on MR2000 powder for the 185's.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.