Anyone use a Seb rest?

goodgrouper

Curious as to the functionality and quality of this coaxial front rest. Did the rest show up in good condition being shipped from Indonesia? How was customer service and how long did it really take to get it after the order was placed?

GG:

I don't have one....yet, but I've been following them and reading about them for some time now. All of the responses I've read from people about the rest have been positive. The quality and workmanship evidently are top notch.

I know that at one time he was trying to set someone up in the states to be a supplier but I don't know if that ever happened or not.

For anyone interested "Here is Seb's web site."

You can also do a search on "Benchrest Central" and get a ton of information.

I have visited with Sebastian several times via email and hope to have one of his rests come spring. I think they are a top notch product. send him an email he would be glad to visit with you and answer any questions you have.

Thanks guys. I emailed him and I'm awaiting a response. From what I have seen of his ads and from what I have heard from guys using them, they appear to be a great valued rest. Seems to be about half the cost of the Farley.

I'll let you know what Seb said. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yes, I do. It is well engineered, crafted not assembled, arrived blemish free and is a joy to use. I rate it a perfect 10. Suggest you bank wire the funds as the optimum way to tranfer moneys and suggest you get his bags. Unit came with metric tools and built in level. Highly recommend!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Overbore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I dont have any experience with the Seb,but when they were first introduce I believe the price was well under $400 and they're now up to $475. Id have to believe that with shipping it would be coming pretty close to the Farley coaxial price and if something was ever needed for it I'd have to think it'd be much more convenient dealing with a distributor in the States.Im not knocking the Seb at all but until a dealer is established here I'd spend my money on the Farley but thats just my opinion.

Ys, i use the Seb rest. It's a real craftmanship.

In September-2006 i was at European Championship in Benchrest in Spain. Jim Kelbly was the range officer.....

I used Seb rest and bring home 3-gold medals, and one silver /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks to all you guys. Glad to hear you liked your rests.

Overbore,
how long did it take to get your's from the day you ordered it?
And was it common for you to send several emails before you got one in exchange? I have sent him many letters and have only got one in return in which he stated that he had only heard from me once before. His email is still [email protected] isn't it? He really does need a U.S. distributor.

Yes, the regular e-mail is not optimum but if you go to his web page, hint, hint, he reads those frequently. He is so wrapped up with building that his communications are not where he spends his time. It only took about 35 days to get the whole thing done and air freighted to my front door with no customs and no troubles. Well worth this short delay but you get to pick the finish color and 2.5"or 3" width. Fill the bags via a large primer tube and heavy sand. Let me know if you need more help. Cordially, Overbore

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.