Anyone try the new Burris Short Mag compact scope line?

Jeff In TX

I looking for any feedback on the new Burris Short Mag compact scope line.

I just purchased a new Left-handed Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in 300 WSM to take moose hunting this fall in Alaska.

I'm looking for a nice variable compact scope for the rifle. I'm really leaning towards Burris's new 4.5x14-32mm compact scope.

Any thoughts or feedback on the scope?

As always, thanks for your support.

have two, one was canceled but came anyway and decided to keep. one is for medium range on a cz 527 in 223 and kept the other for a volquartsen 17hmr (small critters under 200 yards). have mounted but not shot as whenever i want to go it rains! only have had for a week but looks like they'll do everything i hoped for and are; clear, have balistic plex, cost only around $330 and have a beautiful size and proportion. now let me tell you about the other burris euro-diamond 1.5-6 illuminated reticle on a cz 550 FS .270. this shows me how good a scope can be, and is more than worth the price difference. Lord i love this scope! they have a euro-diamond 2-12 with illuminated reticle if need the extra magnification. let us know what you decide. good luck.

Rub,

I went a head and purchased the Burris 4.5-15X32mm short mag. Jim Maloney mounted it for me and sent this picture. I haven't gotten the rifle back yet, as Jim took it to GA Percision to be pillar and glass bedded for me. George said I should get it back in a couple of weeks and then it's off to the range.

My only worry and the picture says it all, there isn't any room to move the scope forward of backwards with the Burris Signature rings and mounts. Hopefully it won't be a problem.

BurrisShortMagScope.jpg

lovely setup. the scope can be moved a few mm within the rings. short body ergo shortmag. didn't realise how short. probably best with the new short action calibres. sounds like a wonderful trip. post pics.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.