Anyone tried this Vortex Scope?

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by DocGlenn, Sep 9, 2008.

1. DocGlenn

DocGlenn Well-Known Member

2. ScottBerish

ScottBerish Well-Known Member

This is my Number 1 selling Vortex scope. The resolution and brightness of the optics exceeded the NXS 5-22x56 I compared it with. The fit, finish, knobs and overall product are a superb value for the money. If you are curious, we can help you out. This is a GREAT scope for the money.

Scott

3. Brocksdad

Brocksdad Active Member

This scope is phenomenal at it's price point. I have compared it to many scope with much higher price tags and it will show with the best of them.

Rob

4. DocGlenn

DocGlenn Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Looks like it might be worth a look.

5. phorwath

phorwath Well-Known Member

But no mil-dot reticle? I use mil-dots for hold-over and hold-unders rather than turning turrets and that leaves me without any selection in the Vortex line of scopes.

6. ScottBerish

ScottBerish Well-Known Member

Other than the Dead Hold BDC reticle, or going with the 6-24x50 Crossfire AO mildot, nothing yet.

Hang in there, 2009 will be good for us "Tac" guys with Vortex...

7. phorwath

phorwath Well-Known Member

Now that you've got my attention Scott, could you offer your comparison/opinion of the Vortex Vipor light transmission and resolution versus the Zeiss Conquest. I have a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x 44mm and I can live with that quality glass or better.

I'll research the Crossfire AO mildot scope, but is that a Vortex top-of-the-line model or one of their mid-line price/quality scopes when it comes to glass quality.

I also have the IOR 3-18x 42mm scopes and any comments on the Vipor glass compared to the SFP IOR?

Thanks and I appreciate the work you put in providing the various optics comparisons for your customers.