Anyone tried this Vortex Scope?

This looks decent for the price. Can anyone make a quality comparison to any other brands?

Vortex Optics - Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 PA Riflescope

This is my Number 1 selling Vortex scope. The resolution and brightness of the optics exceeded the NXS 5-22x56 I compared it with. The fit, finish, knobs and overall product are a superb value for the money. If you are curious, we can help you out. This is a GREAT scope for the money.

Scott

This scope is phenomenal at it's price point. I have compared it to many scope with much higher price tags and it will show with the best of them.

Rob

But no mil-dot reticle? I use mil-dots for hold-over and hold-unders rather than turning turrets and that leaves me without any selection in the Vortex line of scopes.

But no mil-dot reticle? I use mil-dots for hold-over and hold-unders rather than turning turrets and that leaves me without any selection in the Vortex line of scopes.

Other than the Dead Hold BDC reticle, or going with the 6-24x50 Crossfire AO mildot, nothing yet.

Hang in there, 2009 will be good for us "Tac" guys with Vortex...

Other than the Dead Hold BDC reticle, or going with the 6-24x50 Crossfire AO mildot, nothing yet.

Hang in there, 2009 will be good for us "Tac" guys with Vortex...

Now that you've got my attention Scott, could you offer your comparison/opinion of the Vortex Vipor light transmission and resolution versus the Zeiss Conquest. I have a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x 44mm and I can live with that quality glass or better.

I'll research the Crossfire AO mildot scope, but is that a Vortex top-of-the-line model or one of their mid-line price/quality scopes when it comes to glass quality.

I also have the IOR 3-18x 42mm scopes and any comments on the Vipor glass compared to the SFP IOR?

Thanks and I appreciate the work you put in providing the various optics comparisons for your customers.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.