Anyone talk to Kirby Allen lately?

I have a build in progress. This is my second one with Kirby.

I've never talked with the man. Just one email each time and one more for one thing or another.

email your specs, he'll send, as they all do, a cost then just go for it. It saves a lot of phone time, (reduced production :))

Pops must be pulling through for ya. Go for the gold.:D

On the serious side. He'll answer your emails one of these moments.

Let su know what you're dreamin' about.

I'm not dreaming about anything literally the last couple nights, got those woman issues on my mind. ;)

But the build should go something like this:

Stiller Tac338 or Lawton 8000 (I think 8000, maybe 8500) action
Broughton 32" barrel+APS Painkiller (maybe fluted)
The lightest Jewell trigger with a safety
Mcree Precision stock
Barrelled action coated matte black, stock a coyote tan/black

Then I supply the optics, probably a Nightforce 5.5-22x56 if I can afford it before I get the gun. Maybe I can find a used one on here or something.

... Then I supply the optics, probably a Nightforce 5.5-22x56 if I can afford it before I get the gun. Maybe I can find a used one on here or something.

I've seen a couple of those go for a reasonable price on E-Bay over the last few months. Keep an eye out there and some of the other forums like BR and Snipers Hide.

Kudos on your new build and I hope you're patient... I get the impression that Kirby is vey busy and backed up.

-MR

I, too had my rifle built by Kirby and never spoke to the man. Strictly e-mails. Sometimes he gets a little backed up and it may take a few days, but he always returned my e-mails.

I got a very short email from him yesterday. He has had some computer issues and is very busy in the shop. He is building my second rifle from him, all email for me to on my builds. I did talk to him on the phone for about 10 minutes about his AM rounds before I ever had him start on the first rifle, this was when he was first starting to build them. I think he is working very hard to get rifles out for hunting season right now.

Everyone needs to just leave him alone until he gets mine done!! I know he is way busy as always and he is also pretty much a one man band. Beware of a gunsmith who is not busy!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.