Anyone Shooting 325 WSM?

magicofmt

This looks like an interesting caliber, I see Savage has a light weight one that I'm looking at for a carry rifle, mainly for Muleys and maybe elk. I did a search here and nothing came up. Pro's. Cons? Will this 325 WSM and 7 lb gun be a shoulder buster? Comes with a factory brake.
Let me know your thoughts on this, looks interesting.

I have the 325 in an A-bolt with the Boss. An ugly gun with the Boss, but worthy. Of course I reload or I would not be shooting it much. Ammo around $65/20. Reloading gets it down toa around $1.00/ea. Yea I know, there are other calibers out there that cost even more. but I'm a working stiff and blowing off $65 in an afternoon can get expensive. So I gotta reload if I'm gonna shoot it.

I suppose if I had it to do over, I'd go with the 300wsm--------seems to be a more popular caliber. And more manufactures.

I have a 300 and a 325 wsm. Both in a Model 70. I love both calibers. I cant say one is better than the other. What I can say is the 325 isnt that bad on kick. I guess that its really a relative thing based upon what you think is a hard kick but I dont see that much of a difference between the two.

Magic-----My understanding fo the 325 when first introduced was suppose to be comparable even excede the 338 Win in the 200 gr bullet (as far as ballistics were concerned) To some degree its true, and also not true. The charts show a little maore energy and speed at certain distances but does not seem to be enough to throw a gayla over.

I have the 325, just incase I ever get a chance to goe after some really big game, even africa, and I recall others asking what the hell I was gonna hunt with that (325). My reply "anything I **** well please"

I use my 308 for most everything in the lower 48. Unless the 270 is called for.

As far as kick in the 325, less then the 270 when using the BOSS. Fine for me as the bones are older and frankly, I just dont care for that much pain anymore. Getting older is hard enough on the body.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts