Anyone seeing pups...of any kind?

Discussion in 'Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards' started by Bowhunter57, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Bowhunter57

Bowhunter57 Well-Known Member

I've been seeing goose goslings for about 2 weeks. A guy I work with said he seen what he thought was a coyote with 3 pups, but it was approx. 200 yards and he wasn't sure. I haven't seen any groundhog, fox or coyote pups, yet. :cool:

Has anyone seen any pups, of any kind?

Thank you, Bowhunter57

2. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

only pups I've seen are the ones my wife drug me to at the animal shelter.:cool:

3. xdeano

xdeano Well-Known Member

It's a little early up here in ND for pups yet. Remember guys they should have dropped middle of April, so that's 2 weeks old. They're down the holes still and will be for a while longer.

xdeano

4. Shane G.

Shane G. Active Member

MY kids and I just seen a Fox and a pup just about 30 minutes ago,almost hit the little guy as he was trying to cross the street right here in the middle of town.

5. Bowhunter57

Bowhunter57 Well-Known Member

Shane G.,
    Welcome to Long Range Hunting! :)

Where is "here in the middle of town"? There's no location in your profile.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

6. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

Shane G. Welcome, glad to have you here. lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

Last edited: May 1, 2010
  7. Shane G.

Shane G. Active Member

Spiceland Indiana about 45 minutes east of Indy.

And thanks for the welcome.

8. shaneman153d

shaneman153d Active Member

Yep. I saw a coyote pup about a week ago on the highway. He was actually pretty big, but you could tell he was young because he's at that mis-proportioned age.

Other than that, the rock chuck babies are out. gun)

9. derbyacresbob

derbyacresbob Well-Known Member

I just worked two different 5 night hitches from 6 pm to 6 am and liked what I saw. On 9 out of 10 of the nights I saw one or more coyote pups. For the middle of August they seemed small.

We finally got some rain this year after having 4 years of drought. During these nights I saw quite a few rabbits, rats and mice along with the coyotes that I saw. Last year I only saw one coyote pup all season so I am pretty excited about the 2010-2011 coyote calling season.