Anyone seeing pups...of any kind?

Bowhunter57

I've been seeing goose goslings for about 2 weeks. A guy I work with said he seen what he thought was a coyote with 3 pups, but it was approx. 200 yards and he wasn't sure. I haven't seen any groundhog, fox or coyote pups, yet. :cool:

Has anyone seen any pups, of any kind?

Thank you, Bowhunter57

only pups I've seen are the ones my wife drug me to at the animal shelter.:cool:

It's a little early up here in ND for pups yet. Remember guys they should have dropped middle of April, so that's 2 weeks old. They're down the holes still and will be for a while longer.

xdeano

MY kids and I just seen a Fox and a pup just about 30 minutes ago,almost hit the little guy as he was trying to cross the street right here in the middle of town.

Shane G. said:
MY kids and I just seen a Fox and a pup just about 30 minutes ago,almost hit the little guy as he was trying to cross the street right here in the middle of town.
Shane G.,
Welcome to Long Range Hunting! :)

Where is "here in the middle of town"? There's no location in your profile.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Shane G. Welcome, glad to have you here. lots of good folks and lots of good info. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Yep. I saw a coyote pup about a week ago on the highway. He was actually pretty big, but you could tell he was young because he's at that mis-proportioned age.

Other than that, the rock chuck babies are out. gun)

I just worked two different 5 night hitches from 6 pm to 6 am and liked what I saw. On 9 out of 10 of the nights I saw one or more coyote pups. For the middle of August they seemed small.

We finally got some rain this year after having 4 years of drought. During these nights I saw quite a few rabbits, rats and mice along with the coyotes that I saw. Last year I only saw one coyote pup all season so I am pretty excited about the 2010-2011 coyote calling season.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.