Anyone name their guns?

RDM416

This is one of those "just for fun" questions.

A few years back I had my first custom rifle built by Kirby. It is a 338 Kubla Khan on a Wby action with a McMillan A5 stock and a NF scope. It has a heavy taper barrel with Holland QD brake that is about half again larger than the barrel diameter. Well..... this was not the kind of rifle my buddies are used to seeing. One of them got started calling it Quasimoto. Since guns are supposed to be named after women, we ended up in keeping with "Hunchback of Notre Dame" theme calling her Esmerelda and the name has stuck.

My second custom is also a 338 Khan has a olive McMillan stock and the metal is teflon coated in olive drab. One of my buddies suggested J-LO after the olive skinned beauty...

Next came the 510 Allen Mag. She weighs in at about 50 lbs, so of course she became "Big Bertha". Not very imaginative, but descriptive. :rolleyes:

I am expectantly awaiting delivery of my next rifle in a few months. A 338 Allen Mag. Like an expectant dad, I am already trying to think of names. I am thinking of "Joan" (I'm dating myself here) after Joan Jet, because she "rocks". Anyone out there have any suggestions??

Anyone else out there who has their rifle(s) named please share. This is not only a lighthearted fun thing to do, but can actually be quite useful. When a buddy asks which rifle I am taking on my elk hunt, I can just say "Esmerelda" and he knows exactly which one.:cool:

Never named one of my rifles but my wife has a few choice names for me everytime I start looking for a new one. Maybee I should just transfer the name to the gun.
retiredcpo

Had a 30-378 Accumark I named "Bang-Flop" I sold it to a friend and the name is still with it.

My .338 Lapua Mag is named "No-Sneak" since it has taken game past 1100 yards on more that one ocassion.

My 300 Win Mag is named "Heart Breaker" as it has made several heart shots.

Jeff gun)------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't really have any nicknames for my guns, but my buddy has a Savage 308 that we call the black plague because death follows it everywhere we go. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.