anyone know the exact powder/load /depth that federal uses

gremcat

Anyone know the exact load /depth /powder/that federal uses for 69 gr gold medal match ammo?My gun loves this stuff but the cheapest I get it is 20 bucks a box plus 9 dollars shipping and was thinking of having my friend reload me a bunch.I shoot a savage 12 fv 1 in 9 twist and am not an overly accurate shooter yet but minus a flier I put 5 rounds into .52 or so at 100 yds.which is amazing for me .The gun won't chamber bh 68 gr match and even when put in one at a time it only shoots 1.5 or so I tried winchester 55gr nbt and put 5 in .6 or so but the next two groups where around an inch.

The powder that they use is going to be a trade secret and likely be slightly different than what we could get from hodgdon, Alian et all. As for the seating depth, just take a factory round and measure it.

If your friend is going to load for you, just have him work up a load for you. There is likely more than one "Holy grail" for your rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.