Anyone know if Steve Hanson visits here??

goodgrouper

I am just curious if MR. Steve Hanson, author of <font color="red"> THe VARMINT HUNTERS ODYSSEY</font> has been to LRH. Anyone know?

He is one of my mentors in this sport. He was out killing stuff at 1500 yards 9 years before this forum was even created. He was doing it back in the day when most of us thought 400 yards was "out there". You have to admire a guy like that, I mean he was home-making many custom bits of hardware back then that we take for granted now as factory made stuff. If anyone wants a top notch read, grab a copy of the odyssey. I have read it about 5 times and still find new things I missed every time I read it to this day. It is the "bible" for long range varmint hunting IMHO.

Ironically, goodgrouper doesn't come here anymore.

Too bad, he had some epic threads with fantastic discussions.

Yep, I always enjoyed his posts esp. his hunting adventures. He brings so much in the forum, most of which are real world hands on experiences and are not often seen in texts.

lightbulbI just hope he's OK and still doing what he enjoys best.lightbulb

Ed

Yep, I always enjoyed his posts esp. his hunting adventures. He brings so much in the forum, most of which are real world hands on experiences and are not often seen in texts.

lightbulbI just hope he's OK and still doing what he enjoys best.lightbulb

Ed

My favorites were the huge 338 Thunder thread and the Exploding Goat thread.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.