Anyone hunting with Bergers

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Magmaniac, Feb 8, 2004.

1. Magmaniac

Magmaniac Well-Known Member

Has anyone used the Berger VLD's in 30cal. weight range 190-210gr. for Whitetails? I've heard some have had problems with them mushrooming. [​IMG]

2. STUMPY

STUMPY Member

[​IMG] , i think they work great. i just started using the 190 vld's . i dont know if they mushroom or not, i havent recovered any of them. i have a 300 tomahawk,with a 32"tube.
    dennis

3. reed mosser

reed mosser Well-Known Member

I used the 7mm `180's in 7wsm at 3000 fps. Thses are the worst hunting bullets I have ever used. They just bore holes straight through deer without opening up. They don't even kill groundhogs good. I had better peformance killing deer with 22-250 ackley ,than with the bergers. I myself am a berger bullet dealer and i can say out of the bullets i shoot they are the worst, but their B.C is good. I won't be using the bergers for hunting anymore, I just can't stand and more inhumane kills. Thanks Reed

4. 4mesh063

4mesh063 Well-Known Member

I shot my deer with one this year (30/185) and it's deader'n a stick. Dropped where it stood. Last year's deer got shot with one and it ran about as far. Straight down. Like with any bullet, it helps to hit something substantial.