Anyone hunting with Bergers

Magmaniac

Has anyone used the Berger VLD's in 30cal. weight range 190-210gr. for Whitetails? I've heard some have had problems with them mushrooming.
confused.gif

grin.gif
, i think they work great. i just started using the 190 vld's . i dont know if they mushroom or not, i havent recovered any of them. i have a 300 tomahawk,with a 32"tube.
dennis

I used the 7mm `180's in 7wsm at 3000 fps. Thses are the worst hunting bullets I have ever used. They just bore holes straight through deer without opening up. They don't even kill groundhogs good. I had better peformance killing deer with 22-250 ackley ,than with the bergers. I myself am a berger bullet dealer and i can say out of the bullets i shoot they are the worst, but their B.C is good. I won't be using the bergers for hunting anymore, I just can't stand and more inhumane kills. Thanks Reed

I shot my deer with one this year (30/185) and it's deader'n a stick. Dropped where it stood. Last year's deer got shot with one and it ran about as far. Straight down. Like with any bullet, it helps to hit something substantial.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.