Anyone hunted CO GMU521 in 3rd Rifle?

Colorado S14

We hunted 53 last year and are bumping north of 133 to 521 this year. Have a 3rd rifle cow tag I put in for and assume I will draw. Any suggestions? They split the territory for 3rd rifle and I chose the South of W. Muddy Creek side option, so I will not be able to venture on the north side of Electric Mountain. Anyone have success on the South side of the unit in a late season hunt? What has been your best tactic this late, I figure waiting on them in meadows or clearings is probably fruitless this late but hey I have been wrong before.

We hunted 53 last year and are bumping north of 133 to 521 this year. Have a 3rd rifle cow tag I put in for and assume I will draw. Any suggestions? They split the territory for 3rd rifle and I chose the South of W. Muddy Creek side option, so I will not be able to venture on the north side of Electric Mountain. Anyone have success on the South side of the unit in a late season hunt? What has been your best tactic this late, I figure waiting on them in meadows or clearings is probably fruitless this late but hey I have been wrong before.

Hi, just saw your post. We recently purchased an elk hunting ranch and are gearing up to offer hunts. We will post on this site, and others, when our website is completed. We are in Unit 70, bordering 100 sq. miles of USFS. I mean you no disrespect at all, but Unit 70 is statistically (through kill% in ALL hunts) the best unit in the state and has much higher populations than where you are headed. We obviously cater to bull hunters but we have a buttful of cows. I still have hunts available and can cut you a deal. Just call and chat if interested: Pete 970-901-9880

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.