Anyone have a Vortex 2.5-10x44 Viper PST 30mm yet?

fireroad

Looking for any reviews on the Vortex 2.5-10x44 Viper PST 30mm. I need to get a scope in the next month and I am between the Vortex, Sightron SIII, and a Zeiss. Scope will go on a 260 Rem for big game out to 600 yards.

Unfortunately I think you have about zero chance of getting a 2.5-10 PST within a month.

I haven't owned the Sightron or Zeiss but have been impressed by glass for the money in the ones I've seen.

Another you might add to your list in that range is the 3-9SS. Good glass, lots of travel, very reliable tracking, good matching reticle & knobs, etc.

Thanks! I did some more research and it turns out that Vortex is woefully behind in getting these scopes to the market. Maybe next year. FWIW, I have an Sightron SII Big Sky and the glass is incredible for the price, better then my VX-III and on par with Bushnell 6500.

I also agree with the Sightrons.I have 2 SIII's 6-24x50,and have really been impressed with the quality of these scopes.
I looked at the Vortex Viper and wasn't very impressed,so the PST would really have to be something great before I would look at them.

I see this is a semiold thread, I purchased one and so far Ive found that on 10 power its blury around the ouside edges and the illuminator knob is really loose and the paralax is tough to keep in order. Im sending it back to see how the customer service and repair checks out. other than that seems ok.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.