anyone have 7mm hart or 30 Hart caliber rifle?

mrbb

was wondering if anyone on this site shoots any Hart caliber rifles, I have a .30 hart, and just love it, and was wondering if anyone else didI have mine about 10 years now and just wondered,if they did what they thought of there?!

.308 Hammonds

This is my 2nd barrel on this rifle and it is a Hart. I thought the first one shot well , this new one is even better than the 1st, which I would have expected due to the 1st one was had 15 years ago. It clean up very quickly. It is chambered in 8mm Mag/30 version by Clarence Hammonds of Red Lion, Pa. hence a .308 Hammonds.

Hammonds' Rifles - Custom Benchrest & Hunting Rifles Our Specialty

I shoot the 200 SMK at 3200. This cartridge is very similar to the 30 Hart, 308 Baer and 30 Goodling. (figured I edit after ready other post)

Last edited:
I have a 7mm Sharpe and Hart caliber and it is a very good round. I also have at leats 20 customs with Hart barrels in about all calibers up to 338. Do you mean a Hart barrel or a sharpe and hart caliber?

was wondering if anyone on this site shoots any Hart caliber rifles, I have a .30 hart, and just love it, and was wondering if anyone else didI have mine about 10 years now and just wondered,if they did what they thought of there?!

What he is asking is if anyone shoots a rifle chambered for the 7 Hart or 30 Hart.

The 7mm Hart is based off the 7mm Rem Mag, and the 30 Hart is based off the 300 Wby. They are both "improved" with the 30 Hart utilizing a 40* shoulder.

I shoot a .30 hart and love it. It's a nice shooting rifle with fairly low recoil for my wife to shoot also. Mine will shoot .5 MOA out to 850yds with 210 berger. I'm a big fan of Hart barrels also.

Travis

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.