Anyone from WY

Whitewolf393

I will be in the Jackson, WY area this September and would very much like to do some hunting, either rifle or archery, or even ground hog shooting, if there is anyone from WY who would be willing to do some with me while I'm out there. I'll be on a family vacation for a week. If anyone is willing and interesting, let me know. You can reach me at [email protected], that's my work address. Look forward to shooting or hunting!

WEll.. I'll answer this....

OK you just can't go hunting in Wyo. if you are from out of state.... you can't just go buy a "Non - Resident " hunitng license.
To hunt any Big Game you need to fill out an application for the areas and animals you wish to hunt. Your name is then put into a lottery system and if they draw your name you get to hunt. Then if you wish to hunt in wildrness areas you need a Resident Guide or professional outfitter.
The only thing you can hunt on your own as a non resident are varmints. ( coyotes , prarie dog, rock chucks )
However you still cannot venture into wilderness areas and you need to stay on state, blm land or nat'l forest.

Sept. is amrginal for anything listed aboutve.. yotes are plentfull and a possibility.. pd's have been shot at a bunch but if you find a large enough town.. you 're good to go.... we don't have ground hogs.. we have Yellow bellied Marmonts or Rock Chucks...

sorry guy .. big game hunting here in wyo. is watched very closly and managed better than most states... therefore there is a process to being able to hunt here......

Ric,

I'm glad to hear that big game hunting is well managed in your state, at least. I hadn't planned to go without a guide for anything big, anyway. If you do much chuck or yote shooting out where you are, drop me a line at [email protected], and maybe we can do some shooting, at least. To be honest with you, I'd probably be more amped about some long range prairie dog plinking, anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.