Anyone from pa

I live in Northeast Phily Brother and i are going to try Potter Co. this year, his daughters step son married a girl whose parents have 100 acers in potter co. with access to 300 more going in a week or two to check things out and touch base.
It's a long way what with the price of gas but should be worth it hope

I live south of Lancaster,Pa, but do most of my deer hunting in southern Chester County. I would occasionally go up to Huntingdon to deer hunt with brother in law and his dad, but havent been there in about 8 or 9 years. Hope to get back up there soon though.

I live in Northeast Phily Brother and i are going to try Potter Co. this year, his daughters step son married a girl whose parents have 100 acers in potter co. with access to 300 more going in a week or two to check things out and touch base.
It's a long way what with the price of gas but should be worth it hope[/
you will find the hunting very good. its the gettin part that has gotten very bad. all of the northern countys have had their deer herds reduced drasticly over the last 20 years or so. thank you doe hunting, and the greed of the pa. game commission. i hope you find an area where their are still a few left. you might be better off to stay home and sneak into the airport, or the old byberry hospital property.

A few years ago had a anterless lic. for Philadelphia and Bucks so i could hunt the old Byberry site went to do some scouting for Bow season found an area back there with homeless people living an they didn't seam to happy i was looking around so didn't go back there again.
Now the Byberry site has been cleared and some kind of housing is going up and no hunting signs all over the place.

A few years ago had a anterless lic. for Philadelphia and Bucks so i could hunt the old Byberry site went to do some scouting for Bow season found an area back there with homeless people living an they didn't seam to happy i was looking around so didn't go back there again.
Now the Byberry site has been cleared and some kind of housing is going up and no hunting signs all over the place.
my wife lived on southampton rd. just in from the bulyvard, (as her father called it ) he worked at byberry. the place was loaded with game back then. (40 yrs. ago.) you may not remember, but we used to have colorful birds called pheasants. people used to actually hunt for them because they were plentiful. byberry was loaded with them. i lived in trevose as a kid. street rd. was 2 lanes its whole legnth. pheasants were everywhere. as recently as 20 yrs. ago you could ride around potter co. and easily see 100 deer in an evening. now you wont see that many in a month. as you may know, the game commission is being sued over the way theyve mismanaged the deer herd. but all is not lost, fast eddie has spent millions developing a tourism industry for people to go look at the elk. if youve never experienced or witnessed long range hunting in pa. you wont be far from the hub.

I live in apollo and hunt armstrong,westmoreland,allegheny counties for the most part. I will travel for coyotes and bear. I hunt with a win 7mm for distance and cant pass up a good muzzleloader hunt with the inline. I have no problem hunting with others.

They did, in some managment units, bump the doe hunting to the second week. I think it's a good thing as most of our hunters aren't hunting by then. There's hope our herd will gain numbers!

Looks like this thread has slowed down but I thought I would chime in anyway. I am close to Gettysburg. Have lived and hunted in PA all my life. Except for the 4 1/2 years I was in the Air Force. My cousin and I are looking to get into long range hunting. My dad had a rifle built specifically for that in the late 70's early 80's. One awesome looking and shooting gun. It's a 7mm/300 WBY Mag. Interarms Mark X action, Douglas air gauged 28" SS Barrel topped with a Nikon 3-12X50 scope. The stock was custom made by my dad. Cherry and curly maple laminated, monte carlo style with thumbhole and rosewood tip and pistol grip cap. Has produced a little over a 5" group at just over 600 yards in the past. Our thoughts on long range hunting kind of passed when my dad passed away in 94 from Lou Gerhigs disease. That and with my cousin and I getting married and having kids(Not with each other, thats in WV LOL), you know how that is with money and time. We are looking to check out some places in Centre, Clinton, Potter, Lycoming and Tioga counties. No roadside stuff here, we are planning on packing in. This year I was stuck in Adams County and had a really long shot there. Killed a big doe on a private farm at about 25yards with a 243. LOL Was hoping to see a small buck since my cousin's 10 yr old was with me. Think its dumb that the mentored youth hunters can only shoot a buck. Didn't see a buck worth shooting this year in rifle season. Had a new guy on farm that had things all messed up. How do you think you are going to see deer when at the best shooting hours you are walking around the edge of the field the deer are watching from the woods to come out into to feed? Just another reason to pack back in for a few days and hunt long range. Hope everyone had a safe and successful season.

Tom Herren
Sales & Marketing
Pro Staff
Final Glide Custom Calls
FINAL GLIDE CHAMPIONSHIP CUSTOM CALLS

pacowboy, I live right outside of gettysburg also, actually right outside of cashtown, close to cashtown inn

I cant belive the thread is still goin never thought one i posted would go like this..

I live in Altoona not to much here few ranges and gun shops..

I live in Md. but 95% hunt Pa. I grew up hunting southern Pa. Bedford county. I own some small acreage and hunt on neighboring property. Our hunting has went down in years. however i killed the largest buck ever last season 8 point 211/2 " My area doesent normally produce like this mainly scrub bucks. We have mature 4 points walking around . When it comes to hunting especially i found out the hard way. All for me , **** you. I lost a 28 year friendship i valued last year over a deer i shot on my own property. I stole something from neighborhood was told to me. I always got with neighbors and helped drive , never brought any " out of staters " in to hunt always came by my self. The first day of muzzleloader season my cabin that was there for 14 years got broke in to. What did they take an old bow and my hunting clothes. Didnt take a gun , or honda 4 wheeler sitting outside. Police even told me it sounded like a payback. I have watched other people around me though when deer season comes. Its something we have to accept, like Kevin said he would not share his spots. I dont blame him and that doesent mean he is a *****. I have watched the mentality in the area i hunt and it can be real funny. Even though im accepted because of family roots, these people hate Md. But the funny part is most goes to Md to make a living. I feel we are all americans and state boundary lines is minor. We do have some nice state ground 2 miles down the road from my place, i actually feel it is Pa. best kept secret. I am really going to get in to it next season and hopefully find some places to stretch my barrel.
Mike

had things like that happen 2 me as well. as for the robbery.. may be inside job someone whos close to ya?
Ive been looking to new hills. to shoot at also. alot around here but most of them are private or posted.