Anyone familiar with unit 67 Colorado for muleys? I drew

Hopefully, there will be snow so that should get them moving down some. They will be chasing does so that helps. The only experience I have with that unit is on the north end. One of my front range buddies has a cabin there near hwy 50, he's taken a couple 180"+ bucks over the years and I've seen some huge ones there but never had a tag in hand.

Tend to have better luck on the North End. Even early hunting, the deer didn't seem to like the above-timberline stuff to the South, like they tend to like early in other units. It was kinda weird. Plenty of Elk to the South, but no so much on the deer...with my limited experience. Good luck.

I've hunted the Los Pinos Pass area in the southern part during 3rd season a few times. There are plenty of deer and some nice mountain bucks that don't see too many people. Most areas are accessible even with up to about 12" of snow but for 4th season, I'd be careful if a large storm is moving in. I believe the Powderhorn Primitive area is in this unit if you want to hike or horse into pristine country but again, you're at the mercy of the 4th season gods as we all are.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.