Anyone Ever Use Any "Graf" Brass??

Broz

I was at a gunshow over the weekend and I spied what looked like some Lapua 300 Win brass. When I looked at the head stamp it says " GRAF 300 WIN MAG " It is nice looking brass and is annealed and looks much like Lapua brass. Have any of you used it before? Is it still available? I have never seen it before and was wondering how it compares to Lapua or RWS.

Thanks!

Jeff

I would call Grafs and ask them about it. I read somewhere that they are an importer for different brass manufacturers and may be for Lapua as well. That may be exactly what it is????

This stuff isn't Lapua I can tell you that. I'm quite sure it was made by privi partisan. I got some in 308. At first I was pretty disappointed in that it wasn't headspaced right and wouldn't fit in my gun without full length sizing. It was the first time I had to do this to virgin factory brass of any make.
I also realized quickly this stuff was really "thick". Case necks are fairly consistant but measure about .001-.002 thicker than rem or win brass. It is much heavier than win brass and slightly heavier than rem brass that I have on hand.
Once I got it fired and reworked I'm satisfied with it. I use lee collet dies and redding body dies for that caliber and the graffs brass shoots good but I have to load it 1.5 grains lighter than win brass.
It doesn't hold up any better or any worse than rem or win brass. When I bought it there was a pretty good price spread between it and rem/win brass. Don't know if that's still true or not but if it were priced alike I wouldn't fool with it again. This is just a one time eval of only 1 batch of brass.....so it's hard to tell if it is still like that or if other calibers have the same traights.

Graf brass is made my Prvi Partisan. I have some in 7.5X55 Swiss and 7.62X54R and it has been very good brass for me. It is not the quality of Lapua but it sure cost a lot less also. For the rifles that I am loading for it is great.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.