Anyone Ever Shoot One Of These?

Boss Hoss

Found out what was mowing down our food plots!! Shot this Ram out of the herd --- people bring thse things in and then they get loose and roam all over the country!! Will be a pretty mount I will say that.

SNC000053.jpg

Did not shoot him to eat just to get rid of and to put on the wall. Exotics are not what we are trying to help with our game management program. Little devils mow down 2 acre food plots like a golf green mower!! If it was a goat then I would have already had it on the grill!! Sheep are not for me.

Nice ram, good mass on the bases and great mane.

Corsicans are fine eating, you should try it. Very similiar to our western Pronghorns. Very lean, dark red meat.

I am kind of a nut for exotic sheep, have hunted them alot. Good off season advantures and not overly expensive. If they were ferrel in my area, we would be after them all the time.

They are hard on crop land though, that is for sure. When they get mature though they are truely impressive critters.

ImportedPhotos00018.jpg

This one scored right at 135" SCI. They make good long range targets as well. In fact I have found thats the best way to hunt them, they are not bunched up as much. This ram was taken at 645 yards.

VERY NICE RAM!! I have at the time the number 70 Aoudad shot in Texas which was killed 20 years ago and we still see them from time to time but those were not real tasty. Will be shooting more of these and will try a little one for eating! Thanks...

You are right about the sheep mowing down the food plots!! We thought that a mower had gotten into a few of them! Saw a Bobcat but could not bring myself to shoot it --- first one I have seen in a few years! Funny thing was had everything set up to do some load development--chrono, table, competition rest etc set up and shooting and when I was cleaning my 300 H&H (breaking it in Chuck Grace built on a Pre 64 which was shooting .6 btw!!!!) a doe trotted by me 50 feet away! First time that has happened and was surprised considering I was in a 125-acre field and she had a lot of other real estate to choose from.

The things that happen when shooting and hunting----that is what makes it fun. BTW Kirby, Stiller is going to be coming out with a Cheytac action--will be at the SHOT and he and I were discussing it last week(I can get the first one if I want it). I would like to discuss you building me a big boy on that. Send me a PM with your contact number on it.

DM

Boss Hoss, nice ram.

Is that an ABS barrel in your rifle?? How do you like it ?

The rifle was built by Speedy and is a Kodiak action, fluted Krieger with a Speedy brake, Jewell trigger, HS bottom metal, McMillan Stock, Speedy rings made by Loh Industries. The chambering is Warp 7 which starts out as a 300 Win Mag with reduced body taper and increased shoulder necked down to a 7mm. Rifle is painted with Poulene (sp?) an epoxy based paint that is TOUGH!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.