Anyone else waiting for VortexViper HS LR scope?

champberetta

Ordered a 4-16 x 50 hs lr from opticsplanet in December when i ordered the website said nothing about not being in stock so I placed order, 2 days later i got an email that said 2 to 3 weeks and they would have them back in stock. In the beginning of Febuary I emailed optics planet and was told March 5th they would be available, still nothing called customer service and was told I was number 2 on their list when they recieve next order from Vortex around April 20th. Is anyone else having the same issue i am getting this scope? I really think this scope is a great scope for the money when i placed order they were $539 now they are $599 and I was told I would still get mine at $539 so hopefully it will be here in late April, the gun is sitting all ready to go just need some glass for it.

It's a Vortex issue. Don't worry you are not the only one waiting. So are a lot of people through out the country.

We've been getting the same story from Vortex not only on that scope but many other different scopes as well.

I've been watching and waiting for them to come back in stock at several places so I can order a second one for my Bushmaster AR. I have one on my semi-custom Savage 10FP and absolutely love it. You won't be disappointed with the wait once you get yours.

Ordered a 4-16 x 50 hs lr from opticsplanet in December when i ordered the website said nothing about not being in stock so I placed order, 2 days later i got an email that said 2 to 3 weeks and they would have them back in stock. In the beginning of Febuary I emailed optics planet and was told March 5th they would be available, still nothing called customer service and was told I was number 2 on their list when they recieve next order from Vortex around April 20th. Is anyone else having the same issue i am getting this scope? I really think this scope is a great scope for the money when i placed order they were $539 now they are $599 and I was told I would still get mine at $539 so hopefully it will be here in late April, the gun is sitting all ready to go just need some glass for it.

I ordered a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP for $950 a month ago from cameralandny.com. I was told it would be delivered to my home in two weeks. Now, I am contemplating canceling the order and buying another brand. If their customer service is as bad as their production backlog, I may should have bought another Leupold or Meopta.

I have Leupold, Zeiss and others, but was looking for a different long-range scope. Any suggestions that are less than $1,000?

Jim Hood

I ordered a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP for $950 a month ago from cameralandny.com. I was told it would be delivered to my home in two weeks. Now, I am contemplating canceling the order and buying another brand. If their customer service is as bad as their production backlog, I may should have bought another Leupold or Meopta.

I have Leupold, Zeiss and others, but was looking for a different long-range scope. Any suggestions that are less than $1,000?

Jim Hood

The people at Cameraland (Doug) are really good people to deal with! Their customer service is excellent. Vortex is the one who is behind in production!

I ordered a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP for $950 a month ago from cameralandny.com. I was told it would be delivered to my home in two weeks.
Jim Hood

I have been waiting for one too. I talked to Doug last Thursday and he said Vortex told him it would be around 2 more weeks. I already one Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MOA Reticle and I know it will be worth the wait.

I feel there is no scope that compares to this scope for the features, glass, tracking and price.

It will be worth the wait. Theres a reason they are so far behind. I think Vortex has about the best customer service I have ever dealt with. We own a few PST Vipers and decided to order a couple of the discontinued crossfires for our plinkers. They had the wrong turrets on them. Called Vortex. They said they had a shipment go out that had the wrong turrets on them in within two days I had two sets of turrets on my door. By the way those 8-32x50 Crossfires for 129.00 from cameralandny, are dang sure worth the money. Good glass and repeatable. They just cant handle a lot of recoil. Good luck.

Mine will be in hand tomorrow from the tracking info UPS sent. But mine is the Midway Viper HS 5x15 mil/mil not the version your asking, I'm pretty excited my rings came today and base last week :D.
I called Midway the day they posted back order would be filled. They said they were going to call me to verify I still wanted it. I was like #2 on a long list of backorders for that scope. I guess I'm not the only guy who thought it was a good deal on what is said to be a great scope. I'll see tomorrow.

Gene

i've had very good customer service also from Vortex. i now have a 4-16 HS the regular version, to be honest, i like it better than the LR but to each his own. i have performed a tracking test 2 times with this scope and i would put it up against a Nightforce with repeatability. all things considered i would put this scope up against scopes costing twice as much. the shortages of product are a result of many people believing Vortex is the best value in scopes that is out there.

I have a buddy that has this scope on a 338 rum, it has broken 3 times, I thought about getting one, not now, gonna be a Elite 6500 for me....:D

Finally got mine after USPS seemed to miss place it! Went to range today, Shot it in on my 270wsm. Three shots, Dailed right in. I installed zero stop, good to go. I just need to work with drops for 270 w/ mil clicks. The click seemed good but I didn't do box test. Also want to check the balllistic calculator on vortex site. All in all I like it.

Gene

So how good is the Viper HS compared to the Viper HS LR. It looks like the come both in 30mm tube except the lower priced HS is 1/4 inch adjust and has less elevation and windage adjustment. Other than this is there a consernable difference. Also the LR has the zero stop. I've been looking at the 4x16x50. It seem all the rave are about the HS LR model with 1/2 adjustments. Is the regular HS just as good with less elevation/windage adjustment? Please respond cause I would like to know. Thanks...

So how good is the Viper HS compared to the Viper HS LR. It looks like the come both in 30mm tube except the lower priced HS is 1/4 inch adjust and has less elevation and windage adjustment. Other than this is there a consernable difference. Also the LR has the zero stop. I've been looking at the 4x16x50. It seem all the rave are about the HS LR model with 1/2 adjustments. Is the regular HS just as good with less elevation/windage adjustment? Please respond cause I would like to know. Thanks...

I don't have the other to compare side by side but. I think the Lr has the edge due to zs and twice the elevation per rotation. If you don't care about that or the capped turrets then price is probably the only deciding factor. Then again if you want both windage and elevation to be uncapped and can deal mil/mil with one less magnification on each end the Midway model is the way togo. It's like a pst for almost 1/2 the price. IMO, the later fits my budget better and gives me the features I desire. I'm going to order another one before the sale ends and put on new rifle build I have going now. They're back ordered till 6/30.

Gene

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.