Anyone else like an impossible challenge?

jrw1976

Im wondering if anyone else is as hair brained as I am, by taking the challenge of accurizing your savage tupperware stocks. I am going to invest in a new stock for my savage 110 in 7mm rm in the very near future, so I figured what the heck why not give this a whirl I can't ruin it the stock is crap to start with. I have bedded the action with jb weld and then I mixed up a batch of #8 lead shot and 3000# epoxy and filled in all the void space in the forearm. I was really suprised how much it stiffened up the forearm as well as adding much needed wieght to help muzzle jump. I have done all this in the evenings this week so I haven't had a chance to see if I helped it or not. I would like to what kind of hair brained ideas you guys have had and done and which ones worked and which ones didnt.

Thanks all, Jason

I did the same thing to my Savage tupperware stock but I put some aluminum arrows in the forend and that helped. I also shot the check piece and grip full of screws and put some JB putty on it and sanded it back to get my check weld correct and give it a more vertical grip with a palm swell then shot it with mat black to match. I thought it was great till I put a real stock on then I changed my mind :D

Oh I get it you put the screws in for the the putty to stick to like rebar in a concrete job. It took me a few minutes to visualize that but Ive got it now. Dont get me wrong my savage shoots great with handloads as long as the barrel is cold and I am not torqueing on the stock so it touches the barrel unknowingly. Very interesting, I might be the only one around but I love figuring something out and making it happen myself I guess I am kind of fiddler good is never enough. I think I can always tweek it better.

Jason

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts