Anyone custom a Browning A-Bolt?

Nice! Thanks for the specs! What does the barrel weigh? Just out of curiosity, what does it cost to get a build like that going in parts (just rifle, no optics)?

Mudrunner here is the cost breakdown and barrel weight 7 pounds.

Mcmillan a-5 inlet for browning long action a-bolt $612.00
Pac-nor 1-9 twist 28 inch 300 RUM fluted stainless super grade $550.00
Brownells bolt knob $20.00
EGW 20 MOA base $40.00
Timney trigger spring $20.00
Browning a-bolt long action donor gun $350.00-$500.00
Labor, Priceless!

Also I will keep my eye out for the bolt head.

Mudrunner thought you would like to see my latest browning custom a-bolt.

Here it is
Donor rifle new Browning synthetic stalker $499.00
Stock Richards microfit laminate $100.00
EGW 20 MOA base $40.00
Timney trigger spring $20.00
Pac-nor 1-9 twist 30 inch 7mm Mag stainless super grade $425.00

Attachments

• 2012-11-20 11.24.57.jpg
    2012-11-20 11.24.57.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 364
  • 2012-11-20 11.27.57.jpg
    2012-11-20 11.27.57.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 395
  • 2012-11-20 11.28.21.jpg
    2012-11-20 11.28.21.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 381
  • 2012-11-20 11.28.42.jpg
    2012-11-20 11.28.42.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 365
That looks like a whitetail stomper! That would be more the direction I would prefer to head in, than the big bulky A5 stock, since the A-Bolt is my primary hunting rifle.

How do you like that stock? I was looking at them on Stockey's....For $100 seems like a smokin deal!

Only issue I have, is that I pretty much have bear paws for hands, so finding a thumbhole that my thumb can fit through comfortably is kind of a pain in the butt. How room is the thumbhole?

Also, I already have the trigger done with a Rifle basix spring, and when the EGW base comes in stock Midway, I plan on purchasing one ASAP.

Only other question, I would prefer a 26" 1:9 twist....How do you think that would perform with the 168 Bergers?

Do you get the barrels and stocks @ dealer cost or retail? If so, where?

Thanks for all the info. Might just keep it a 7Mag, and do that stock and barrel setup...

Could I get those stock specs? I think that'll be the stock option I go with.

Thanks for posting that.

Also, where can I order one from?

Stock left.jpg

Thought I would show yall a picture of my 500 yd steel ringer.
Browning A Bolt SA in 7 saum, 26", #4, SS barrel.
Browning Target stock. Loopy Target scope. 8 lbs ready to go.

I went to Richards website, but never saw one built like that.....You could get one simliar, but it didn't have the finger grooves, or this or that. That's why I was curious if you special ordered it? And if so, did you order it directly from them, or through someone else?

I went to Richards website, but never saw one built like that.....You could get one similar, but it didn't have the finger grooves, or this or that. That's why I was curious if you special ordered it? And if so, did you order it directly from them, or through someone else?

Mudrunner the stock was on there bargain list for 100 bucks. The grip area that has finger grooves was done by me, the grip came unfinished just a square chunk so you could carve it your self. here is the link to the stock. Wildcat Thumbhole Style

Bump.....

Thinking of doing a simple re-barrel with a Douglas XX Air-Gauged stainless #7 contour (Rem Sendero/Varmint contour), and just keeping it a 7mm RemMag, and doing an aftermarket stock. It would be cheaper, plus I already have all the components to do 7mm RemMag at home. I would have to buy .280 AI brass and dies, and a Browning A-Bolt II bolt head (which my smith said he could get me for around $70.00, which I might just get him to get me anyway, incase I do decide to swap up calibers later on down the road). I'd have to swap out magazines with a non-magnum caliber magazine (probably .30-06), and it would just be too expensive right now to do a whole new caliber...

So I'll probably just do the re-barrel and new stock, and order the bolt-head for when I need it, or if I need it later on, since it's only $70.00.

glad I read through the forum I have a m1000 eclipse only place I could find was Hart Barrel 10 month wait, at least From what I've read I have the only one that doesn't shoot good. I get around 1 1/2 groups at 100. $1000 for a barrel or 1200 for a savage, don't know whats best.

glad I read through the forum I have a m1000 eclipse only place I could find was Hart Barrel 10 month wait, at least From what I've read I have the only one that doesn't shoot good. I get around 1 1/2 groups at 100. $1000 for a barrel or 1200 for a savage, don't know whats best.

CJ just wondering what you mean when you say $ 1000 barrel ?

Have you talked with Browning about your troubles with this rifle?
I have heard that they have excellent customer service. And like you said, most bolt action Brownings shoot very well so their quality control must be top notch as well.
I would start there before ordering a new barrel.