Anyone around the Great Falls, MT area?

Discussion in 'West' started by huntin_fool, Jan 2, 2013.

1. huntin_fool

huntin_fool Well-Known Member

I'm just northwest of great falls about an hour. I've got a custom 338 edge that I've shot at 550 yards a couple times but I'm wanting to learn the ins and outs of shooting out to 1000+. I've got access to a huge ranch to shoot at and just wanted to see if there was anyone close that would possibly want to come out and shoot and help a new guy. Thanks!

2. szeitner

szeitner Well-Known Member

Not too close, I'm in Miles City. I do have a 1000yd range here, and access to another that we can shoot a mile plus with towable targets......about 60 of them!

3. huntin_fool

Wow! One thing I want to do this winter is accumulate/make more targets. I've only got a couple but there are a lot of big sandstone rocks out where I shoot that need more holes

4. szeitner

szeitner Well-Known Member

No rocks, these are all metal targets......gun):)

5. MT4XFore

MT4XFore Well-Known Member

Nothing like some good ole terrorist rocks to eliminate! I used to have in-laws who lived there. great town. I could probably be coerced into coming up and popping some caps with ya. In fact, I'd love to. Let' s try to get together when the weather is nicer.

Jim

6. daniel brothers

daniel brothers Well-Known Member

what are 60 towable targets...?

7. huntin_fool

Sounds good! I'll keep in touch and try to get something worked out. Thanks!