Anybody got a spare sear spring for a Rem 700?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by sambo3006, Jun 18, 2008.

1. sambo3006

sambo3006 Well-Known Member

Not the new X mark. I was taking the trigger assembly off to ship a barreled action and you guessed it. Spring done dissapeared. Thought I was being careful. I cannibalized one off another Rem 700 but need a replacement for that one. Anybody got a spare or know where I can purchase one fairly cheap?
    Thanks,
    Sam

Note: I edited this post 7/6/08 to reflect the term sear spring insead of trigger spring. The spring that sits vertically under the (sear?) top flat piece of the trigger group and comes up when pins are punched out to remove from receiver.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  2. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

Brownells has the Holland trigger spring upgrade kits which is a trigger spring and the extra power bolt release spring , I think the kits about $15 and the supplied spring will drop your pull weight to 2-3lbs safely.

Wolff also makes one just the trigger spring for about $5 ,

3. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

Brownell's will only sell the trigger spring to a FFL holder. I tried to get one from them and from Midway and a couple of other places. Had no luck. I was fortunate enough to find the one I lost that started me looking.

4. James Jones

A few weeks ago they had no trouble selling several of the Holland kits to a good friend of mine who is not an FFL holder. , Lock Stock & Barrel sells them also.

5. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

Sorry, I should have been more specific. They would not sell the REMINGTON trigger springs. Anyone else's trigger springs were no problem. I just didn't want a kit. All I wanted was a trigger spring, so I wouldn't pay $15 for stuff I didn't want or need.

6. sambo3006

I think I used the wrong terminology. The spring I need is the one that sits vertically under the top piece of the trigger assembly (the sear?). Once you punch out the rear retaining pin to take the trigger off the receiver, there is no longer tension holding this spring down and that is when it came out.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  7. sambo3006

Surely I'm not the only one to ever lose this spring. Help!

8. James Jones

Did the one I sent never show up?

shoot me a PM

9. BigDaddy0381

BigDaddy0381 Well-Known Member

Did you ever get one? If not PM me.

10. sambo3006

Got it, trigger safely back on receiver!
    Thanks James!