Anybody got a 6mm WOA??

FCB1616

Im interested in this cartridge for my next upper build. I would love to have one of the 6mm variants how is the brass formed I understand it is based off of a 6.8 case that has been necked down to a 6mm. Is it a die that does this? and who made your barrel. Im also interested on ballistics and the gas system it uses.

Im interested in this cartridge for my next upper build. I would love to have one of the 6mm variants how is the brass formed I understand it is based off of a 6.8 case that has been necked down to a 6mm. Is it a die that does this? and who made your barrel. Im also interested on ballistics and the gas system it uses.

I have a 6mm AR turbo 40 improved. Robert Whitley builds one hell of an upper.

6mmAR Turbo 40 Improved

It is extremely accurate.

Attachments

• arturbo1114.jpg
    arturbo1114.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 207
Look at the dtech. 6mm dti its a 6mm based off the 6.8 with the shoulder pushed forward and necked down. My brother has the 25 dti and loves it. The 6mm would have a wide selection of bullets

One thing that you might consider: I believe most of the bolt failures on PPC ARs are due to weakening of the lugs caused by the metal removed to open thebolt face enough to accept the PPC's base.

You are correct about this but their are two things that happen when you remove more metal from the bolt for cases with a larger case head diameter. One is less locking lug area for engagement and two more surface area for the case to push against the bolt face (bolt thrust). While you will see this as less of problem with the case head of the parent 6.8 SPC case head diameter of .422"
it is still an issue to consider.

6mmAR-15Cartridgesphoto_zpsegj17jgh.jpg

I tried to get information on whether WOA was still producing and supporting the 6mm WOA caliber, but never got a response. I decided the 6mm SPC (aka 6X6.8, 6mm-6.8, etc) was the most practical since it only required a change in bushing for neck bushing dies. There were others that had a few benefits here and there, but easy of forming, reloading, and acquiring reasonably priced dies was important to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts