Anybody ever hear of Badger barrels ?? Chris Matthews??

James Jones

I added Chris's name in their due to his working for
GA Precision , that supposidly built the rilfe in question

I had the chane to shoot one of DSA's custom tactial rilfes this week and the owner said that GA builds the rifles for DSA and that they use Badger barrels on them. For fear of starting and argument and looking like and *** I just noded and aggreed but I have never heard of
"Badger barrels"

The riflewas realy nice and shot well , I'd like to shoot it again in better conditions that what I did
(see-"equiptment rewiews forum")

So anybody have any insite on these?

Badger barrels are made by Ernie Stallman in Wisconsin. He is well known for his Blackpowder Cartridge barrels-(ie...Sharps, Ballards, High Walls in 45-70, 50-90, etc)
He uses broach cut rifling.
Just happens to be from the Badger state which is where Marty (Badger Ordnance) got his start also.
GA built less than ten of these for DSA....why buy from them them you can get it straight from the builder....is kinda what happened there.

Oh , I diden't know that so few were built , the owner of this gun made it sound like they are all built their , their website does to !!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.