Anybody draw any permits for Washington

ss7mm

The results have been out for quite a while but I haven't seen anything other than Norsepeaks' thread about his fiance drawing 2 great tags.

Did anybody in Wa. draw anything?

My wife and I both drew any buck permits for the Cowiche area. It's an any buck permit and starts after regular elk season. It wasn't our first choice but it still gives us some additional hunting time.

Last edited:
Big fat goose egg here. That's four years running.
I did find $50 on the floor at Home Depot recently, that's about as lucky as I've got lately.
Nice draw on your deer tags, just before the rut, that should guarantee some meat in the freezer. Congrats!

No tags here. My wife and I together have 16 deer points and still didn't get drawn. We put in together for a couple different late season hunts around Wenatchee. Guess I should have slipped a little extra donation in.:D

May have to just go spot for Dick instead.

I only had about 4 points for deer and my wife had 0, none, nada, zip.

And yet the game department says the preference points are to help you and give you a better chance. Yah right.:rolleyes:

A few years back my hunting buddy and I had no elk points at the time and yet we both drew special permits.

I may be willing to trade the spotting offer for some packing though.:rolleyes:

I only had about 4 points for deer and my wife had 0, none, nada, zip.

And yet the game department says the preference points are to help you and give you a better chance. Yah right.:rolleyes:

A few years back my hunting buddy and I had no elk points at the time and yet we both drew special permits.

I may be willing to trade the spotting offer for some packing though.:rolleyes:

We would probably be in for the packing part. I think it is just luck of the draw. Preference points don't seem to help.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.