Any Suggestions for Fall Spot & Stalk

1100 Remington Man

My best friend and I are look to do something different this year & we are throwing around the idea of a place to do a Spot & Stalk Black bear hunt. Any suggestions or Guides you would recommend ? Thanks

I'd think it would only be viable in a few States, MT, ID, WY or so? You could do some net research on license availability, cost, and possibly success rates(rather low I'd think).

I'd also look into other options available at the same time, possibly grouse, prairie dogs, or fishing? Of course that may be in a little different area.

We talked about a Praire Dog & Walleye fishing trip in South Dakota. I would rather go Big Game Hunting. I just like the Western States, the scenery is outstanding. I do have 9 day trip planned on Duck Hunting & Pheasant hunting in Western Iowa in November, this is why I am looking for something a little earlier for Big Game.

I went to central Alberta last fall for a spot and stalk hunt and am returning in 2 weeks with the same outfitter Swanspoint Outfitters. Saw quite a few bears and had a good time. As far as going this fall you might have a hard time finding two openings with reputable outfitters in the western US and Canadian provinces but you might if you do some searching. Just be sure to get some credible references before you sign up for any hunt.

North / South facing, brushy deep shaded draws near berries & water as soon as the fruit is ripe for about a 3 week streach is your best bet

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.