Any Southern California pig killers out there?

Discussion in 'Hog Hunting' started by raedr01, Apr 23, 2010.

1. raedr01

raedr01 Member

I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan, and after I return I'd love to go do some pig hunting. I was wondering if there was anyone around that would like to get out in the hills to find some. You bring the experience, I'll bring the food and beer! Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks

Dave gun)

2. lngrnghunter

lngrnghunter Well-Known Member

when u come back vandenburg has some good hunting military only . my brother is doing some training in pendelton in june-aug.
    P.M. when u get back stay safe and thank for ur service.

3. raedr01

raedr01 Member

Yea, I've heard about Vandenburg, and Fort Hunter Ligget which is a lot farther north and bigger then Vandenburg I believe. I wont be home till around Oct - Nov time frame. Thanks for the reply and I'll definitely hit you up when I get back.

4. loaders_loft

loaders_loft Well-Known Member

definitely hunt at vandenberg AFB since you are active military. I have hunted some neighboring private ranches, the pigs come over in droves from the base to feed, then brush up during the day on base.

Try up around the north end of the base if they will let you out there to hunt...

5. raedr01

raedr01 Member

Awesome! I'll have to try out the north end up there. Thanks for the info.

6. socalhunter

socalhunter Member

My son will be in out of USMC bootcamp by late Nov 2012. If your in Socal give me a pm.

Socalhunter