Any Savage guys use a Stockade Gunstocks stock?

Duff

I'm looking to replace the factory plastic stock on my Savage FP10le in .308. I looked at the Savage Shooter Supply website and really like the Super VarTac. Anybody have any experience with an SSS stock or a Stockade stock? I'd probably be getting an unfinished stock and finish it myself. Any thoughts/suggestions? thanks-Duff

Their stocks are realy nice and a huge improvement over the factory junk. SSS sells them but a fine gunsmith buy the name of Kevin Rayhill makes them and owns the buisness. He specializes in Savages , I find that he is a little easier to get hold of and talk to. Be warned though if he thinks you have a bad idea he is gonna tell you

i have about 5 of the stockade gun stocks. They are as good as any stock on the market. They are a pain in the butt to paint. And as with any painted stock they do get chipped easily. Bell & carslon also make a nice savage tacticle stock that is around $200 retail and is drop in. The stockade stocks are very good but just demand a little paint work know and then. Reed

I just received my Sockade stock from Kevin. I haven't even shot it yet(long story). I ordered it with a 15" LOP and I got a recoil reducer installed and a Limbsaver Pad. Kevin was top-notch to deal with through out. I also waited awhile to put the stock on the action( refer to long story) I found out I needed a longer screw. Kevin rushed it out at NC so I could have the rifle by the weekend. I will eventually restock all my guns with these stocks. They are great and Kevin is great to deal with.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.