Any Savage guys use a Stockade Gunstocks stock?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Duff, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member

I'm looking to replace the factory plastic stock on my Savage FP10le in .308. I looked at the Savage Shooter Supply website and really like the Super VarTac. Anybody have any experience with an SSS stock or a Stockade stock? I'd probably be getting an unfinished stock and finish it myself. Any thoughts/suggestions? thanks-Duff

2. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

Their stocks are realy nice and a huge improvement over the factory junk. SSS sells them but a fine gunsmith buy the name of Kevin Rayhill makes them and owns the buisness. He specializes in Savages , I find that he is a little easier to get hold of and talk to. Be warned though if he thinks you have a bad idea he is gonna tell you

3. reed mosser

reed mosser Well-Known Member

i have about 5 of the stockade gun stocks. They are as good as any stock on the market. They are a pain in the butt to paint. And as with any painted stock they do get chipped easily. Bell & carslon also make a nice savage tacticle stock that is around $200 retail and is drop in. The stockade stocks are very good but just demand a little paint work know and then. Reed

4. chain

chain Well-Known Member

I just received my Sockade stock from Kevin. I haven't even shot it yet(long story). I ordered it with a 15" LOP and I got a recoil reducer installed and a Limbsaver Pad. Kevin was top-notch to deal with through out. I also waited awhile to put the stock on the action( refer to long story) I found out I needed a longer screw. Kevin rushed it out at NC so I could have the rifle by the weekend. I will eventually restock all my guns with these stocks. They are great and Kevin is great to deal with.

5. Quarterbore

Quarterbore Well-Known Member

Prarie dog special from Stockade is awesome stock. I'm saving for my second.