Any precision shooting minded Gunsmiths in Utah??

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Tikka Lover, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Tikka Lover

Tikka Lover <strong>Official LRH SPONSOR</strong>

Looking for a good smith locally. I live 30 min. south of Salt Lake City. I'm willing drive a ways for good work.

Can't seem to find any guys that are really extreme accuracy minded.

Thanks

2. shootinfool

shootinfool Well-Known Member

one that comes highly recommended and will impress the hell out of you is Brad Stair out of ogden # 394-0331. There is another post on here if you look back a page or two that discusses this same issue.

3. Tikka Lover

Tikka Lover <strong>Official LRH SPONSOR</strong>

I looked back 10 pages and only found one that talked about gunsmiths in general, from all over. Interested in local Utah guys

Thanks for the number I will call him right away

4. 270winshort

270winshort Well-Known Member

there is a guy in springville he is a benchrest shooter and builds customs his name is joel olas his # is 801-310-3121 he has done a few brake for me and I have seen how some of his customs shoot he does good work good luck

5. shootinfool

shootinfool Well-Known Member

I don't know how you have the posts ordered but on the second page I started a thread asking relatively the same question and there are 14 replys. It was started on 7-26-08. Hope this provides additional help

6. CombatDiver

CombatDiver Member

There are a few that frequent Parley's shooting range that do amazing jobs. The guy's face that comes to mind has a german accent and prefers the 6mmbr but always has unbelievable results (if I didn't see him do them I wouldn't believe they are even possible. I hope that helps. Dave, the range master knows him if you need to track him down.

7. blipelt

blipelt Well-Known Member

pm grit, Lorenzo Young. Might take a little while for him to get back to you.

Brent

8. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

+1 on Brad Stair of Wasatch Precision Arms (WPA)

WPA is lead by Brad Stair, master gunsmith of 35 years who specializes in precise long range hunting rifles. Brad developed the Tejas line of wildcats that are amongst the fastest, flattest and most accurate cartridges in the industry today. Coupled with Wade Ovard’s and Troy Justensen’s 40 plus years of combined hunting, guiding and shooting experience will prove to be a winning combination.

• Wasatch Precision Arms
    • 155 West 14th Street
    • Ogden, UT 84404
    • 888-394-0331 (Toll Free)
    • 801-394-0331 (Office)
    • 801-394-0116 (Fax)
    • info@wasatchprecisionarms.com

Good luck!

Ed

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  9. LRSickle

LRSickle Well-Known Member